Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a ebrake handle and boot cheap on ebay.. i cant find any DYIs on how to take the plastic one off and install the new handle.. i know a slight modification is needed to fit a handle.. does anyone have pics on how to install a ebrake handle?
thnx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks bro... i swear i saw somewhere on this site that u have to smooth down the acctual sides of the handle so that an aftermarket one would fit.. is that true? if so anyone got a pic of what it should look like after smoothing it down?
thnx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea, you have to sand down the rounded part thats just below the button a bit so it can slide over.

I'm waiting for my e-brake handle and shift knob to arrive. Should be here this week.

I'll take some pics when I install.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You might have to take the plastic off all together like i did

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, you have to sand down the rounded part thats just below the button a bit so it can slide over.

I'm waiting for my e-brake handle and shift knob to arrive. Should be here this week.

I'll take some pics when I install.
sweet man ya just post some pics in this thread if u dont mind.. i found a few on ebay cheap so i wanna get one asap but i just needed to know what needed sanded.. thanks bro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.