Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to park my 09 5 speed cobalt LS with under 6,000 miles on it and pulled the ebrake to engage it, when i released the handle it refused to lock the brake. The brake is applying because if the car is rolling and i pull the brake, it will stop the car. but it will not stay in the locked position. any ideas what is going on here? also expected price? for repair? i normally do my own work, but im at college away from home, tools and garage so i will prob have to either take it in for warenty or have the shop that is fixing my bent radiator do it real quick if it will be cheep.

Jake

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
i went to park my 09 5 speed cobalt LS with under 6,000 miles on it and pulled the ebrake to engage it, when i released the handle it refused to lock the brake. The brake is applying because if the car is rolling and i pull the brake, it will stop the car. but it will not stay in the locked position. any ideas what is going on here? also expected price? for repair? i normally do my own work, but im at college away from home, tools and garage so i will prob have to either take it in for warenty or have the shop that is fixing my bent radiator do it real quick if it will be cheep.

Jake
09 should still be under warranty? Take it back to the dealer for repair??

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sounds to me like the ratchet spring on your e-brake sproket is broken, or your release button isn't out all the way. Take out your center council and take a looksie and see what you got. It's just not locking there because the piece that locks it in isn't taching to the sprocket.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Word! Warranty is nice, but it sucks leaving your car for (sometimes) days to get something simple fixed!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Anytime! 99% of the time with e-brake issues it's something very easy to fix :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.