Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to adjust the e-brake, like tighten up the wire for it? and if so can some post a diy of it that would be great thanx.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The E-brake is adjustable. I can do a DIY for it, but it'll take a week or two do to the extreme cold temps here in minnesota.

D

·
0 Posts
What exactly are you wanting to adjust? Is it just that the handle goes up too high, but the brake holds the car in place, or are you wanting to adjust the equalizer (not sure if it is the correct word) that distributes the force to the brakes and holds the car in place once the brake is activated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brake handle goes to high but holds car inplace, like i used it alot this winter, lol

D

·
0 Posts
That is simple.

1) Remove parking brake grip cover by pulling off (be sure to release the tab on the bottom).

2) With the parking brake up and your gear select in the forward most position, pull the center console cover up to release tabs and slide forward to remove from parking brake.

3) With the parking brake down use a 10mm deep socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet tighten down bolt/nut on the right side of parking brake. The more you tighten the bolt the movement your parking brake will be reduced. Be sure to check periodically. Don't go too low or you won't be able to reinstall the center console cover.

To reinstall everything just do steps 1 and 2 in reverse.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That is simple.

1) Remove parking brake grip cover by pulling off (be sure to release the tab on the bottom).

2) With the parking brake up and your gear select in the forward most position, pull the center console cover up to release tabs and slide forward to remove from parking brake.

3) With the parking brake down use a 10mm deep socket on a 1/4" drive ratchet tighten down bolt/nut on the right side of parking brake. The more you tighten the bolt the movement your parking brake will be reduced. Be sure to check periodically. Don't go too low or you won't be able to reinstall the center console cover.

i was wondering that......i need to prep the car for drift racing this summer(on a track, totally legal)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is simple.

can u take a pic and circle the bolt i need to turn to tighten, idw to crank o nthe wrong one.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
can u take a pic and circle the bolt i need to turn to tighten, idw to crank o nthe wrong one.
then you shouldnt be moddin.......i apologize, but it should be straight forward as to which one to tighten

the one that turns, is the tensioner, that is the one you want to tighten

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, but he has a mod list. so he is modding.

ok, for one i didn't pull the plastic off the handle at first so i only seen the bolts and nuts under the plastic piece for the center console, 2 you don't have to be a jerkoff about me not noticing something i didn't see until i pulled the handle plastic piece off the ebrake. but thanx for the advice.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ok, for one i didn't pull the plastic off the handle at first so i only seen the bolts and nuts under the plastic piece for the center console, 2 you don't have to be a jerkoff about me not noticing something i didn't see until i pulled the handle plastic piece off the ebrake. but thanx for the advice.
i want trying to be a jerk, but i apologize if i came off that way.

the things sheer boredom, a little anger, and a 2/6 of beer can do to ya

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it's all good but yeah it did sound that way but w/e apology excepted.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
it's all good but yeah it did sound that way but w/e apology excepted.
i just got fed up with waiting for a part that showed up today, now i can fix my car, hooray, the snow-balt is hitting the road this weekend!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i adj. my ebrake and i found my pads need to be replaced, lol well i got alot out of them i suppose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.