Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has tried E25 gasoline in their Cobalt. My local ethanol gas station offers both E85 and E25 at a significant discounts over the E10 that you can get everywhere. I am not talking about putting E85 in by cobalt, just 25% ethanol in my 2006 non-modded 2.2 Ecotec.

From searching around the net, there is no info published on this subject for any vehicles that I could find.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
couple of turboed 2.2 setups run e85. apparently it's badass. Perhaps i will go that route after my install.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

dunno if making it e-25 driveable would be worth the money though, and I've never heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if it will run without modding anything, does twice the regular amount of ethanol really have that much of an effect.

I live pretty close to the ethanol refinery so with no cost of transit to the station, the refineries own gas station, the discount is great if it was possible to use the higher ethanol level.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Do you know if it will run without modding anything, does twice the regular amount of ethanol really have that much of an effect.

I live pretty close to the ethanol refinery so with no cost of transit to the station, the refineries own gas station, the discount is great if it was possible to use the higher ethanol level.
no clue. try calling or e-mailing Vince at trifecta tuning, he may have a more informed answer for you and be able to tell you if he can tune for it or not.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It'll probably run like trash on the stock tune since the stock tune was only really meant to handle up to 10% Ethanol. You can run E85 in the Cobalt, but you'll need to up the injector size and get tuned.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
It'll probably run like trash on the stock tune since the stock tune was only really meant to handle up to 10% Ethanol. You can run E85 in the Cobalt, but you'll need to up the injector size and get tuned.
thats what i was thinkin too. but dont like to give advicewhen i dont know for sure. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.