Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have renectly found an eaton m62 off a 06 cobalt. It has 16000 miles on it. Its coming from a junkyard and they are asking 450 for it. Any one think this is to high of a price for one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see thats what i thought. Shit i found them on ebay for like 300 bucks. And i have a friend who will rebuild them from 92 on up for around 200 bucks. Only thing is i could maybe talk them down idk if you can deal like that with junkyards

·
Registered
236 Posts
is there any thing you should watch out for when buying supercharger?
for example::you woundnt buy a turbo with ton of shaft play..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
is there any thing you should watch out for when buying supercharger?
for example::you woundnt buy a turbo with ton of shaft play..
You shouldn't buy a supercharger that is poorly ported, or has the silencer holes closed (Usually with JB Weld). The coupler shouldn't be making noise (Sounds like rocks in the supercharger), but the coupler isn't a deal breaker since it is easily replaced.

As far as price, ~$250 is right. $400 would be too high for most of the used ones, unless it was from a car with super low miles (IE: under 5000). They're plentiful on CSS mainly because of the number of SS/SC's doing turbo swaps.

You will also need a myriad of other parts to make the conversion to supercharged, such as the Intake Manifold, Heat Exchanger, H/E Pump and other parts.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Also watch how much teflon has peeled off the rotors, or wore off, that is kinda key but not a big deal if some is missing, make sure the snout isn't damaged by the throttle body, and make sure that it is in good shape on the exterior of the blower.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The m62 bolts right up to the 2.2 you'll just need injectors and a serpentine belt. The intake is in a different spot too. $250-$400 seems right

·
Say What again!
6,384 Posts
The m62 bolts right up to the 2.2 you'll just need injectors and a serpentine belt. The intake is in a different spot too. $250-$400 seems right
You need a few more parts than that. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You need a few more parts than that. :laugh:
IM, blower, heat exchanger, plumbing, H/E pump, injectors, tune, MAF pigtail, brackets, Stage 2 belt, boost gauge..etc. and while the car is apart, might as well do Option B and install a dual pass endplate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.