Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have or had EBC Brakes n Rotors? I'm shopping for drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brakes I just wanted hands on review for them thanks all:toung:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does anybody have or had EBC Brakes n Rotors? I'm shopping for drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic brakes I just wanted hands on review for them thanks all:toung:
In my 25 years in the automotive industry, I've never heard of this company. Is this an E-bay outfit with a P.O. box or a suite number?

You might not want drilled rotors for a street car as with use they have a nasty tendency to crack. Needless to say, if the brake rotor falls apart, it can really ruin you day. There's not going to be any difference in braking anyway, unless you are at the extreme or road racing.

I'd recommend using a known quality brake part manufacturer like Raybestos, Bendix, or Wagner. Your life is riding on your brakes and it might be best to search out the best quality brake parts for that reason.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I have EBC rotors and Green stuff pads on my Ram 1/2 ton, much better feel and response than stock.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have EBC rotors and Green stuff pads on my Ram 1/2 ton, much better feel and response than stock.
"Green stuff"? :blink: Please let me know what roads you drive on, so I can avoid them. :bigsmile:

Virtually any new parts are going to work better than old, worn out parts, initially.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
everything is so no biggie... even t1r(any import guy knows who they are) are made in taiwan

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EBC seems like a good brake and rotor brand they are just as much $$ as OEM or other brakes and rotors I think I'm going with them

·
Registered
240 Posts
EBC seems like a good brake and rotor brand they are just as much $$ as OEM or other brakes and rotors I think I'm going with them
How would you know if they are any good, especially if you had to ask? How long has this mysterious company been in business? How many original equipment appliacations do they have? Where are they? Do they have a physical address, or just a P.O. box or a suite number somewhere in some back alley? Where's their web site? Does the Better Business Bureau have anything on them?

Do you want your rotors to crack? Do you know what happens after they crack? It can really ruin your day.

Let me guess...these are an online purchase, aren't they? Good luck with any warranty.

Why not just buy brake parts from a local auto parts store that have a warranty, no shipping charges tacked on, no having to wait for parts and all the inconvenience?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chill they have a website I have been researching them they make brakes for almost everything.......been in biz for 30 years!!!! racing applications.....im sold if they crack and I crash you can say you told me so deal?

·
Registered
240 Posts
By the way, I'm just trying to help you out and answer your question. I'm not talking out my left ear either. I have been in the automotive industry for the past 25 years and have brake certifications from Automotive Service Excellence, EIS and NAPA.

Drilled brake rotors can be dangerous to use on the street. My advice is to stay away, far, far away.

Go to you local auto parts store and get better quality parts, with a better warranty, no shipping hassles, real face-to-face customer service and established quality brand names you can trust that you don't have to ask on the Internet, "Are they any good?".

Your life and anyone else in the car with you is depending on the quality of the cars brakes. Don't cheap out on brakes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Chill they have a website I have been researching them they make brakes for almost everything.......been in biz for 30 years!!!! racing applications.....im sold if they crack and I crash you can say you told me so deal?
If you're going road racing and really heating up the brakes, that's where a drilled rotor has an application. But that doesn't happen with a street car, so the risk of the dreaded dilled rotor cracks appearing and the dangers they represent outweighs any benefit, which in the case of a street car, is none.

You asked for advice, opinions. :)

By the way, what's their web site link?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Have had them on for about 4 months, and they are made in Europe, which by the way has a higher standard than the US. Most aftermarket motorcycle pads are EBCs, even ones used by the dealers. Green stuff is the type of pad they sell. I have had more problems with replacement rotors from sores being bad than good due to the quality of the central American made parts. EBC rotors are not drilled they are dimpled and slotted to reduce heat which can warp rotors and have a lifetime warranty. Was pulling a loaded car hauler and had to stop because some douchbag panicked at a yellow and slammed on the brakes, I stopped without incedent, might not if I had the cental American store brakes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
EBC is like, one of the largest brake manufacturer in the world. not as well known in the US as they are abroad. their products are damn good.

·
Registered
240 Posts
EBC is like, one of the largest brake manufacturer in the world. not as well known in the US as they are abroad. their products are damn good.
With shipped parts though, it makes it very hard on the consumer when submitting parts for warranty, as their car is out of service until the shipping waiting is over with. :(

If the poster can get them over the counter, then go for it! :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats the way it is with any company. and its cheaper to go with the online parts. also, slotted and dimpled are your best choice. i say go for it

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.