Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i first got my cobalt it had 8K miles on it and the average speed was like 15 mph.. It also had like Econ 16 MPG. Is that our miles per gallon? Because the highest iv had mine was like 20 or 21 in the winter. It dropped down to 18ish when it started to warm up and now is back up at about 19... I thought our cars are suppose to be like 20-25..?

I usually dont stomp on my gas... Ill go to 30 quick but not like my car kicks into a high gear or something idk... That feeling where it like jerks then flys ;P

Just curious what your guys says... And curious to if somethings wrong. :X

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Do you ever reset your Econ? Even with mostly city driving ill have my average speed around 30mph. And with the Econ, yes thats your mpg, I reset it every time i fill up and right before i fill up it will usually say anywhere from 29-32 mpg average for a tank of gas, 9-11 gallons

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh damn. I didnt know i could reset all of that. I only knew i could do oil. How do i rest thoes? Im curious :) And i rarely fill up my tank full. Usually 5-15 dollar here and there :p

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I used to only know how to do these, they are like your trip meter. hit the info button, when you get to econ or average speed, hold the reset button. I had to look in my manual for oil bc i just changed it first time a few days ago since i got the car, and bc its diff you have to hold both and go in the menu and then hold reset lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks! Ima reset em both tommorow and see how i drive and what my averages are. Not the other idiots. >.<

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o_O mines way off then. Im just trying to figure out what the hell can u do in 8k miles (previous owner) to have 16 mpg econ + 15 mph average???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.