Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at adding more speed and horsepower and im not sure what to do and what is effective. i dont know anything about new cars and tuner engines. thinkin about a turbo but im told a supercharger is better. not sure wich yet and figured id ask..

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
turbo will give you better numbers, sc will be cheaper and easier. and give good gains. if your going to go with forced induction, figure which route you want to go. and go from there with your mods. you dont want to buy things twice. ie if you buy an intake now. youll have to replace it when you go fi. the best advice is to do A LOT of research since you are new. then do some more. going fi is not an easy project. and not to be taken lightly. unless you have the money to grenade your engine a couple of times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive been doin some research and both mods look like a lot of trouble if done wrong...do you know how tempermental an engine mod like that would make the engine?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
ive been doin some research and both mods look like a lot of trouble if done wrong...do you know how tempermental an engine mod like that would make the engine?
if its done right there shouldnt be much problem. its in the tune like admin said. short story is stock internals SHOULD be good to about 250 whp. but as far as tempermental i dont know. i havent done it. just a little research. id be willing to bet there would be a lot more maintenance involved to keep it running optimal. you could try asking some of the people who have gone that route. mkulrey^^^for one. not sure how many others on this site have done it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.