Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Can I do as far as updating the computer to give better gas mileage?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They won't bother to check the ECM/PCM if you come in with a bad taillight, but, I can assure you if you go to a dealer with a blown engine they can verify whether or not the ECM/PCM was tampered with.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They won't bother to check the ECM/PCM if you come in with a bad taillight, but, I can assure you if you go to a dealer with a blown engine they can verify whether or not the ECM/PCM was tampered with.
lol...VERY TRUE !

BUT ABOUT MPG.....
I have been mildly tuned and in the cruise mode
at 55 mph I get around 45.2 mpg almost always.
( 2.4l auto )

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
What if you have a CEL for whatever reason?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im pretty sure dealerships will go to great lengths to find weather you've tamperd with you cars computer or not. We should just be lucky that we dont have little black boxes like the Nissan GTR.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Really depends on the technician...and what you brought your car in for. If you have a CEL for the gas cap they aren't going to spend time looking for tuning. Probably will take the time when diagnosing engine performance problems of any kind -- it's part of their checks...to look for any add-ons, aftermarket parts, etc. that might affect the problem.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Meh I guess I rather be safe than sorry personally. I don't wanna pay to play lmao

Im pretty sure dealerships will go to great lengths to find weather you've tamperd with you cars computer or not. We should just be lucky that we dont have little black boxes like the Nissan GTR.
Actually we do have them. That's what the metal box is under the panel under the e-brake. on't hold me to that location though, I don't know if that's 100% the location, that's just what I've been told.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No you are right on the location. Under where the E-brake handle rests in lowered position is a panel. Pry it off and you have the black box (silver more like it) under it. Whether or not it records tampering Im not sure. I DO know it records the last few moments before a crash, and controls the airbag module deployments. If anyone would care to check behind me, it is called the Service and Diagnostic Module on my '08 LS. I'll double check and edit this if I am wrong, though.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Is HP Tuners compatible with the 06 LS that he has ?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Should be I know HP tuners isn't compatible with 08's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.