Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any chips or places to flash the ECU?

·
Registered
594 Posts
probably check out jet performance chips.Supposingly you gain 13 to 15hp with the cobalt.

·
Registered
192 Posts
for the 2.2, no not really. there is a piggy back system made by aem for fuel management, but this isnt necessary unless doing extensive mods such as a turbo build. the 2.0 (ss/sc) and the 2.4 (ss/na) have tuning suites such as hptuners to fully reprogram the ecu.

blkbalt06 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

you could also look into megasquirt, but i basically know nothing about it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
for the 2.2, no not really. there is a piggy back system made by aem for fuel management, but this isnt necessary unless doing extensive mods such as a turbo build. the 2.0 (ss/sc) and the 2.4 (ss/na) have tuning suites such as hptuners to fully reprogram the ecu.

blkbalt06 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

you could also look into megasquirt, but i basically know nothing about it.
where's IMA when ya need him, lol

·
Banned
161 Posts
mega squirt ftl....

you lose all dash functions you basicaly have the most worthless daily driver ever

·
Registered
257 Posts
i know i'm going to get flamed for this but F it.

right now the only thing close to a tune is an ECU "tweak" by CIA/Trifecta...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Megasquirt is great for the enthusiast who is building a weekend racer or track car. It's also not for the beginner so to speak, although it is a great step into the world of stand alones because it's much more user friendly then some other stand alone type systems.

However, someone who is asking the question "are there any chips available" is definitely not ready for something like megasquirt. That's no offense to anyone, but I don't want someone to jump into megasquirt thinking they will be able to tune their car because it's not that easy.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
thank you IMA, and Nramlow, i dont use any ECU tunes, so i have no solution for the OP's problems

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look into trifecta's. It seems like it's good, but I'd do some more major mods before getting it. Like cams, injectors, and other crap that'll throw a CEL.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Look into trifecta's. It seems like it's good, but I'd do some more major mods before getting it. Like cams, injectors, and other crap that'll throw a CEL.
there is no need to get "major" mods before he gets the tune. the tune for cams is going to be hella expensive. However expensive it may be "updates" are available through CIA/Trifecta. It sucks but right now is the only thing us 2.2s have. those HPT punks wont step up either so either kill the dash or pay some big $$$

·
Banned
161 Posts
there is no need to get "major" mods before he gets the tune. the tune for cams is going to be hella expensive. However expensive it may be "updates" are available through CIA/Trifecta. It sucks but right now is the only thing us 2.2s have. those HPT punks wont step up either so either kill the dash or pay some big $$$
ive been corrisponding with a few different developers over at hptuners for a few weeks now.. ive been linking them to a few of the cobaltss.net threads/ ecotechforum threads/ local cobalt/ midwest ecotec and they see that there is a LOT of interest and i have been getting a ton of positive feed back from them. not to give anybody a glimmer of hope or anything. but they said that for the longest time the felt that there was no market but now that they see that there a is a ton of people who are interested they feel there may be a bigger market then first thought.

" can you say beta tester!" lol

just passing on a little info

·
Registered
257 Posts
ive been corrisponding with a few different developers over at hptuners for a few weeks now.. ive been linking them to a few of the cobaltss.net threads/ ecotechforum threads/ local cobalt/ midwest ecotec and they see that there is a LOT of interest and i have been getting a ton of positive feed back from them. not to give anybody a glimmer of hope or anything. but they said that for the longest time the felt that there was no market but now that they see that there a is a ton of people who are interested they feel there may be a bigger market then first thought.

" can you say beta tester!" lol

just passing on a little info
sounds cool and all but i just dont think HPT will actually follow through. It's a business and i highly doubt they'll support, but if you say they see SOMETHING...i guess i'll just have to trust you. They're kinda retarded to say there was no market. There has ALWAYS been a market...the 2.2L's have been screaming it since HPT came on the scene.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And if they are the first DIY tuner, they should make a good amount off of it...

·
Registered
673 Posts
A year or two ago I think there was a huge petition by 2.2 owners to get support but they basically said no thanks to the petitioners.

HPT has bigger fish to fry right now anyway, the new G8, Camaro, etc. I'm sure that's where their focus is going to be for the time being. I'm not saying it won't happen for you 2.2 guys, and I'm glad to see atleast someone is trying to get them to do it still, but I'd be surprised.

I still think you guys have to show you are willing to tune by doing turbos, SCs, whatever and tuning it with a piggy back. Once they see people doing that they will realize what needs done, but as of right now it just seems like the community doesn't care to put the effort into it IMO.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A year or two ago I think there was a huge petition by 2.2 owners to get support but they basically said no thanks to the petitioners.

HPT has bigger fish to fry right now anyway, the new G8, Camaro, etc. I'm sure that's where their focus is going to be for the time being. I'm not saying it won't happen for you 2.2 guys, and I'm glad to see atleast someone is trying to get them to do it still, but I'd be surprised.

I still think you guys have to show you are willing to tune by doing turbos, SCs, whatever and tuning it with a piggy back. Once they see people doing that they will realize what needs done, but as of right now it just seems like the community doesn't care to put the effort into it IMO.
it wont happen....

·
Banned
161 Posts
sounds cool and all but i just dont think HPT will actually follow through. It's a business and i highly doubt they'll support, but if you say they see SOMETHING...i guess i'll just have to trust you. They're kinda retarded to say there was no market. There has ALWAYS been a market...the 2.2L's have been screaming it since HPT came on the scene.
i think that they see the chance to get in when its hot because they see how much interest there is in the cia and trifecta

·
Registered
257 Posts
i think that they see the chance to get in when its hot because they see how much interest there is in the cia and trifecta
we can only hope....cause so far thats what i've been running my car on...hopes and dreams just like Saint Diesel preached. LOL

·
Registered
673 Posts
You'd be surprised how far hopes and dreams will get you with a car. I see it all the time at the track, these Honda owners talking about their 11 second Vtec monsters but then they run 16s and say their vtec fell off or something along those lines. What it really boils down to is they had poorly tuned hopes and dreams.

·
Banned
161 Posts
You'd be surprised how far hopes and dreams will get you with a car. I see it all the time at the track, these Honda owners talking about their 11 second Vtec monsters but then they run 16s and say their vtec fell off or something along those lines. What it really boils down to is they had poorly tuned hopes and dreams.
lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.