Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so they recorded a "real world" 25 mpg from the Cobalt XFE in mixed driving conditions. I am getting 40+ in mixed driving conditions. One of us is not driving in the "real world".

My point to this? Why in the world would you take a car built for mpg and drive the thing like a stolen SS? Idiots.

Here is the You tube vid.

YouTube - 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan XFE

·
Registered
253 Posts
wow they slammed it pretty hard.. i don't believe it myself.. i drive an LS and it isnt an XFE and on average mixed driving like.. 28-33.. and i gun it sometimes..

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
haha, well what do you expect when you beat the crap out of it! consumer reports are always so biased and opinionated no matter what they say. I'm happy with my XFE and I don't care what edumbs has to say lol.

·
Registered
931 Posts
2000 ti 2500 rpm ?????/????? forget passing people...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am pretty sure that all 5 speed LTs and LSes are XFEs. There is more to the XFE than the tune though. The XFE also has as higher step 5th gear than say the SS. This way you turn less rpm at hwy speeds.

I have talked to a couple of places about getting a mpg tune on my XFE, and they said that all their tunes were for HP. Typically anything that increases HP does so by adding more fuel which will decrease mpg.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mark Takahashi is a prejudiced snob. His commentary contradicts the three "Tester Comments" that follow his "article".

Automobile writers don't know how to write about a car. They focus on aspects that are not important to the real car buyer. I am delighted that I have a fuel efficient car with a huge cargo capacity. It was perfect for our summer vacation trip to the Upper Peninsula with cooler, stove, food, chairs, tent and an extra screen tent.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.