Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
My springs just came in and now I must decide IF I want to get the tools and install them myself OR if I should have em professionally installed somewhere, depending on the price. Any oppinions?

go out side and get to it
but seriously it is not hard to do at all. there rear take like 20 min max. jack up car, remove wheel, remove shock bolt, and yank that stock spring out. reverse that to put new one in. now the fronts... jack up car, remove wheel, remove stabilizer link bolt, remove the strut tower bolts at the top under the hood and the 2 that are right behind the rotor. after that it should drop out. now take the spring compressor(you have to rent this from a parts store) compress spring(once you have the tool it is self explantory) remove the top bolt from strut assembley and the spring will slide off. Now just reverse for new spring....NOW it is a little more involved heres the how to my bad on the ramblin on..

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/10052-diy-how-install-chevy-cobalt-lowering-springs.html

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just did mine at 7:00 tonight and it was cake! it took a whole hour to do.....with a spring compressor.....and a lift but heres a crappy pic until tomorrow.....it was super easy!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
give it time to set?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nope its after.....i think its jus cuz its a night shot....

·
Registered
567 Posts
10-4 :nuts:

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's night time plus the angle plus the fact that they have to settle....

Here's my car on Sportlines with the same wheels...almost a year after they've been on the car:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like them so far! I really want rims!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
bump for unanswered question if g5 ever got his car fixed.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Its just a little bumpier but who cares, i expected it..... i LOVE the look, and wish i could afford to make it lay frame...... or pinch welds for that matter :bigsmile::bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.