Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I split a drink in my car yesterday. It wasn't much but some splashed onto my radio and I know there are wires right under the cup holders in the front. but right when that happened my radio turned off and wont come back on and all my gauges on dash dropped to 0 for abt 30 seconds and most of all the dash warning lights came on. gauges came back on but radio never did. now my gauges go in out for less than a minute at a time. Ive learned that whenever I hit the power button on the radio or use my turn signal the gauges and dash lights all act up. I've been told it could be a bad ground wire or something....I really have no idea where to start i just bought my cobalt a month ago...its 06 LT coupe.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Oh no!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these electrical issues. I can't provide technical information, aside from pointing you to the section on the Electrical System in your manual (p. 5-92). If you decide to work with one of our dealerships, let me know as I would like to be available to assist in any way I can!

Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
985 Posts
I split a drink in my car yesterday. It wasn't much but some splashed onto my radio and I know there are wires right under the cup holders in the front. but right when that happened my radio turned off and wont come back on and all my gauges on dash dropped to 0 for abt 30 seconds and most of all the dash warning lights came on. gauges came back on but radio never did. now my gauges go in out for less than a minute at a time. Ive learned that whenever I hit the power button on the radio or use my turn signal the gauges and dash lights all act up. I've been told it could be a bad ground wire or something....I really have no idea where to start i just bought my cobalt a month ago...its 06 LT coupe.
Clean and dry it all out, check all your fuses.
Wont be a bad ground if it was working normally before this. It will be a short somewhere.

You could try removing the radio and testing your controls (turn signals, etc) to see if the gauges still act up. If all goes back to normal, perhaps its time for a new radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.