Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my project has been put on hold cuz of a minor electrical issue that i have spent 3 days trying to fix... there are loose wires all over i know i shouldnt be driving my car around half done but i have no choice, well a couple nites ago i was driving i hear a spark and my headunit goes out, im like ok just blew a fuse, well i get home and my alarm system and radio dont work anymore... i checked the radio fuse was burnt and the cigarette lighter fuse was out, but the rest were fine... anybody got any ideas i cant seem to find anything that could be causing this, all the fuses look fine, im looking at chevys wireing diagrams now trying to figure this out, any advice would be helpful

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
shame shame. irresponsibility causes these issues...could have wrapped them up in electrical tape at least :p

lol, check EVERY DAMN FUSE with a fuse tester. then relays. after that i dont know where to go except hope you havent fried your radio and lock motors.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
you check the fuses inside and under the hood? Thats what happened to my car when i was messing with the wiring for the stereo, locked up and wouldnt start bc i blew an ignition fuse under the hood somehow......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i was careful, but apperantly not careful enough, everything was taped off but i guess cuz stuff isnt exactly bolted down yet, its floating and pulled loose, gonna check relays today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.