Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'ello all. I get to be a newbie again and say my introductions... ha.
I'm currently trapped in northern Illinois, and I've got a blue '05 Cobalt coupe, sparkly blue if I could ever keep her clean. Cursed dirt driveways... But anyway, she's pretty much my baby. :love: Yes, the car is a she. My previous car was a cranky old Saturn named Frank, so it's only fair to name this beauty as well. Well, I've only had her since this past March so I've not quite decided on a name. But there will be one!
The Cobalt is my first car that is really mine, so I've developed quite an attatchment to her. I haven't done much to her beyond some seat covers (blue/black) and smartass bumper magnets. I've got a few plans and would-be-nice's that I hope to get done eventually, but they're all things to be saved up for. However the stereo is getting replaced next week, and I'm gonna frustrate the crap out of the boyfriend and my dad and insist on doing as much by myself as I can. Should keep things interesting at least... Wish me luck!

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Lol at your other car, Frank. :laugh:

Thats awesome you want to do everything yourself, its better that way. You will learn a lot more!

But anyways, enjoy yourself here and get in on some of the random convos if you would like, use the search button lots! Most questions have already been answered, ya just gotta find them. If you can, feel free to post up a thread and Im sure one of us will help.

WELCOME! and good luck!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the welcomes. And if I break anything, I'm the only one I can blame! I'm sure I'll find some useful tips on getting that darn radio replaced.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
the radio isn't too bad. just make sure someone knows what they're doing there. also, if something doesn't wanna come out, it's probably not the right way to get it out. good luck

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know. Thanks guys.

And Skypie, I like that name! It sounds almost like a chauffer's name I think.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks! I'm hoping to get this done Wednesday, providing UPS is running on time and I can find any other parts I'll need. Okay so Thursday is sounding more realistic now...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
actually, ive noticed with this car, if something doesnt wanna come out...pull it a little bit harder. Its hard to break cheap plastic interior >:[
lol in from my experience that hasn't gone to well... tried to force some trim off the interior of my olds... didn't work so well. same with my civic

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that's another reason the bf and dad aren't doing it. When dad got done swapping decks in Frank (the Saturn) I think I had 2 clips holding my dash in... There were 4. I was afraid I was gonna eat dashboard if I hit a bump to hard.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
lol if you read up on the diy's you should be ok... pry bars and hammers are not your friend as much as they seem like a good idea :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.