Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

engine build

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  blu3_v1p3r 
#1 ·
last year installed cams , 133300, and cold air intake, stock bottom end, 11 to 1 comp ,dynoed 194hp...this year rebuilt bottom end, diamond pistons coated, 33# injectors, new crank, rods, bearings, 82 lb. springs, balance delete kit, Sen thg back to dyno and 180hp? I really are dumb founded, thought I'd be well over 200hp, any ideas? I did also go with a racing harness, eliminating map sensor to iat speed density sensor, any help be much appreciated, thx

#3 ·
I assume this is a 2.4? Could be tuning, HP tuners, and who is the tuner? Also did you use the same dyno? What did the torque number look like? Maybe you lost a little whp and gained some torque or changed your powerband.

#4 ·
You can certainly dyno less hp and tq but if it’s in different areas for a longer duration, it can make the car faster. You say it seems more powerful. Have you done any test runs to confirm it’s faster? I could see lower peak torque with lighter components. Also different times of the year, temperature can cause variations of dyno numbers. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Do you have the previous and current dyno numbers to compare? Seeing that could help decipher the difference.

#5 ·
Hell I seen my car dyno 300whp 365tq twice in a row, in October 2018, then in October 2019 ont he same dyno my car dyno's 280whp with a slightly better turbo, twice. I talked to the shop they pulled my car off put it back on reset the wheel base, and on the 3rd dyno pull it dyno just abotu 340whp and 355tq. Even the same dyno the the same day can give you different numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.