Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how i would take this off..? I have an the whole cover and it covers my engine, it's just boring >:/ and any side effects of taking it off?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Side effects? if your anything like me, you will get sick of looking at the dirty old valve cover and wanna do something with it. After about 10 hrs of hand polishing it came out like this...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would also recommend if you are going to take your cover off and leave it off, while your oil cap is off, go ahead and twist and pull the oil cap neck off of the valve cover, all it does is extend the height of the cap for the cover. Then you can put your oil cap back on right on the valve cover and it wont look silly :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
take your valve cover off, sand the crap out of it, then wet sand it with high grit, spray engine primer on it, let it dry to the touch, then cook it in the oven at 200 for half hour, then let it cool a little, spray engine enamel on it, let it dry to the touch, cook it in the oven at 200 for half hour, let dry a couple hours just to be safe, then put it back on

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

or something like that, i could be a little off, mike knows, he did it that way, i havent done mine yet but i will eventually

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
take your valve cover off, sand the crap out of it, then wet sand it with high grit, spray engine primer on it, let it dry to the touch, then cook it in the oven at 200 for half hour, then let it cool a little, spray engine enamel on it, let it dry to the touch, cook it in the oven at 200 for half hour, let dry a couple hours just to be safe, then put it back on

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

or something like that, i could be a little off, mike knows, he did it that way, i havent done mine yet but i will eventually
Basically...

·
Registered
567 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.