Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what kind of paint you guys use to paint the engine cover since it has to be one that can deal with the heat and all that

let me know

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i used any generic high heat plastic paint that you can get at any autoparts place

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have a pic with the high gloss black
i wanted to see how it would look since the engine cover is already black

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah if you polish everything it does look sick
too bad i don't really have the stuff to polish everything
well i got friends who do but don't wanna go taking my engine apart to polish it
and i might get the blue polished oil cap from cobalt addiction
it looks sick

Exterior Cataegories

you can still order them right?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
a polished valve cover looks good only if you have the coilpack sealed cover for the center, otherwise, it looks a bit off with the wires sticking out loose

·
Registered
159 Posts
I actually have a polished valve cover with Ecotec painted in red with the black engine cover and it looks really good. I also painted the fuse cover panel and the ecm panel in Black with blue flakes. And I also painted my K&N Typhoon Intake Black as well with blue flakes to match the rest. I think it flows nice under there. I will have to take pics. I have been really really lazy and I just haven't done it. I've had it done since April. LoL! Sad I know.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats another question i had. for the intake piping could i just paint it with the paint you guys said to paint the engine covers with?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet
-----Added 3 Dec 2008 at 09:17:36-----
yea went to pep boys today and found the engine paint dupicolor engine enamal.
but i don't know what color to do it
i really wanna see what the gloss black looks like that you did because i would either do that or maby blue or something but i guess whatever color i color the engine cover im going to color my brake calipers once i get rims in the summer

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea went to pep boys today and found the engine paint dupicolor engine enamal.
but i don't know what color to do it
i really wanna see what the gloss black looks like that you did because i would either do that or maby blue or something but i guess whatever color i color the engine cover im going to color my brake calipers once i get rims in the summer

·
Registered
296 Posts
i did the orange engine enamal on my covers but it didn't stick very well and actually peeled off even before i could clear coat it, so i took normal paint and did mine Ultra silver

·
Registered
159 Posts

Sorry for the delay but here is a pic of my engine. If you look good enough u'll see a hint of blue on the covers cuz I sprayed a light coat of blue on the pieces and the polished valve cover is hard to see but I have Ecotec painted in red. And my K&N Typhoon intake is painted to match my covers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.