• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my engine bay as of yesterday, the valve cover is getting painted the same blue as the K&N Intake and the fuse box cover, what is next on the engine dressup? id prefer not to do wire loom, it looks kinda cheesy but if there is anything else just lemme know...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I say do the valve cover and get a sway bar.
You mean a strut bar? and i didnt event think about that, do they yield any performance gains? I think the ass end needs more help than the front in my sedan but anyways, i can paint one of those bad boys right up too...

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
You mean a strut bar? and i didnt event think about that, do they yield any performance gains? I think the ass end needs more help than the front in my sedan but anyways, i can paint one of those bad boys right up too...
Yeah thats what i meant lol
Im not to sure how much they actually help handling.
Im pretty sure a good bit is just for looks...like i said, im still learning and COULD very well be wrong.

·
Registered
339 Posts
umm duffy u def need to paint the cover and also a front sway n rear sway bar might do the trick also it would def help u in corners n also give it more the anti roll look when flying through corners. haha gotta keep that ass end down and same goes for the front. just how do u take off the cover??? need to ask someone duffy so we could do it. remember we removed everything and it wasnt coming off. do we need to remove the spark plugs or no>>

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When Nathan comes down were going to do it...he did his...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
the braided hoses would look nice like mentioned above

I say paint your hood strut. I painted mine to match my car although yours already matches your car lol.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the braided hoses would look nice like mentioned above

I say paint your hood strut. I painted mine to match my car although yours already matches your car lol.
yeah, this is true, i don't know what these braided hoses even look like...haha, anyone mind showing me? and if they are silver, they are outt the picture, i want black and blue, way easier to keep clean..

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
they are stainless steel so yes it looks like shiny metal. but they are stainless so all you have to do is wipe them down or spray them off to clean them.

here is one example. although this is a hardcore racing engine lol. hope the link works..

http://www.delikon.com/images/raceng1.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

here is a kit that summit sells

Spectre Performance 7728 - Spectre Performance SSteel-Flex Engine Hose Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gah, no silver, and holy shit, im not competent enought to replace my hoses anyways...haha...good idea, but im not a flasshy kind of guy at all...

·
Registered
195 Posts
umm duffy u def need to paint the cover and also a front sway n rear sway bar might do the trick also it would def help u in corners n also give it more the anti roll look when flying through corners. haha gotta keep that ass end down and same goes for the front. just how do u take off the cover??? need to ask someone duffy so we could do it. remember we removed everything and it wasnt coming off. do we need to remove the spark plugs or no>>
Unclip the two clips circled in blue, remove the four bolts holding in the coilpacks and wiggle to remove. (after unclipping the plugs), undo the tube going from cover to air intake, and then the 11 bolts on the valve cover. after moving wires and such out of the way use a rubber mallet to gently tap the side of the valve cover to break seal. unbolt the two retaining clips circled in red and the sparkplugs stay in. should only take a few minutes to get it off...really simple. Just did mine a few weeks ago!

after:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may do the black trimming too, that looks good, i have some touch up paint i could use..woot!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im not feeling those after the price and the silver look to them, im all black, with a touch of blue, no more silver than i have to have...and oh yeah

500 POSTS!!!!!!!WOOOT!!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
really duffy u added the PEDOBEAR to ur logo haha/ n the orange looks hella sick haha, i wanna do my engine cover now. but i have alot more to remove to be able to do that.. which sucks./.

·
Registered
195 Posts
thanks for the compliments...wasn't trying to thread jack just show an example of how it looks...Love showing off my car!:bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.