Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is what is on the fill cap.

This is what is in the neck.

This is with about 1500 miles on the oil and 75% high way driving and one 250 mile trip on the interstate. It doesn't seem to matter how much I drive it does not go away. Is this normal from condensation or do I have a coolant leak?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ill bump your question and when I get home ill see what you're talking about because my blackberry won't show those pictures

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Is your coolant going down? That's a lot of moisture in there for 1500 miles

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Coolant normally appears as a brownish color though. I think that is only condensation, check your PCV system that moisture should be sucked back into the plenum. Wipe it dry and keep an eye on it. White foam like substance is OK but if it turns mustard or brownish beige then worry.

Outdoor humidity and temperature affects the amount of condensation inside the valve cover.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That looks like Dexicool :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a whitish yellow I will wipe it off and see how long it takes to come back. I don't have any coolant smell and the coolant doesn't seem to be going down much if any.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I wiped it off and this is what came back in a week which was about 400 miles of mostly highway driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.