Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new, And have had my cobalt LS for about a year now, my car 2 days ago started jerking and surging and then ENG PER REDUCED showed on the DIC, and then my CEL came on. I took my car to autozone to get the codes read, it was P0101, P0068, P0842, and P0717. P0068 is throttle body airflow performance, and P0101 is mass air flow or volume problem. both my MAP & MAF sensors were replaced about 6 months ago along with my fuel cap, Im trying to figure this out as I need my car running again as its my only car. any one else ever have this problem?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, I'm new, And have had my cobalt LS for about a year now, my car 2 days ago started jerking and surging and then ENG PER REDUCED showed on the DIC, and then my CEL came on. I took my car to autozone to get the codes read, it was P0101, P0068, P0842, and P0717. P0068 is throttle body airflow performance, and P0101 is mass air flow or volume problem. both my MAP & MAF sensors were replaced about 6 months ago along with my fuel cap, Im trying to figure this out as I need my car running again as its my only car. any one else ever have this problem?
is it intermittent or is it constant?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the surging? pretty regular, but this morning it will start run pretty normal for about 3 seconds, and then rpms drop to about 300 to were it is just barely staying running, and when i press on the gas nothing happens

·
Registered
194 Posts
sounds like the sensors are connected poorly. i don't have such an extreme case, but my MAF has poor connection at the moment and it intermittently has acceleration (and boost) issues. if the sensors you replaced have bad connections, then that would probably shut down your car for the most part like you describe after you start it. I think all our cars do a self check, which would explain why you get a few seconds of normality, then the tests fail and your car goes into this dead mode you are talking about. that's my take on it. couldn't hurt to check the fuses for the fuel pump and anything else you may think it's related to.

·
Registered
611 Posts
how many miles on it? is the throttle body really dirty?

·
Registered
911 Posts
hope u get it working good again, and thanks for reminding to get mine cleaned...need to clean it before the snow flies so I can burn up the snow with my tires

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, I got it running again, I had a faulty intake manifold gasket and replaced the fuel filter just in case, seem to be working fine now, CEL is still on though....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.