Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently rebuilt my Ecotec 2.2. Fortunately, the crank and rod journals were all within specs, so these were not turned. The cylinders were also in good shape, so these were just honed rather than being bored out. Otherwise, new pistons, rings, bearings, seals, oil pump, water pump, etc. were all installed, and the head completely reworked, with all new valves, springs, guides, etc. Since the crank and cylinders were good, of course, standard rings and bearings were installed instead of using oversized ones.

Question.....using an oil pressure gauge installed at the port where the oil pressure sending unit goes, what should the oil pressure now be, ranging from a cold start to running temp?

·
Registered
153 Posts
My engine has 75k on it, so take my info with a grain of salt but when cold it idles around 65psi. At operating temp (coolant around 192) with the oil temp below but around 180, around 45-50 psi. When in traffic and the oil gets above 180degrees, around 35-40 psi. I pull my pressure from an oil plug on the back side of the block below the exhaust manifold and to the side of the water pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.