Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine shakes at stop

23K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  teri2280 
#1 ·
Hey guys .. So its not about a cobalt but I'd rather want to hear your opinion ! My gf has a 2007 Toyota Camry with 140k .. The damn thing has given all sorts of problems ! Every time she comes to a stop the engine vibrates and shakes the whole car ! The idle is okay .. Doesn't want to die but could it be motor mounts ? And it shakes worse when the a/c is on .. Thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 · (Edited)
Same as a Cobalt, they are notorious for dirty throttle body. Clean throttle body and MAF. If RPMs stay high at idle look at replacing both intake gaskets. The one between the throttle body and intake and the one between the intake and head if it's a 4 cylinder.

#3 ·
Mine does that too, AC loads the engine more so more vibrations. I have transmission mounts that do it though. Has to be the mounts somewhere, jack it up and look at all of them it'll be easy to see if they're broken.

#5 ·
Years ago, while driving our family trickster (aka mini-van), I'd hear clunking when we cornered to the Left. Ended up being one of the motor mounts (broken). Definitely look at all the mounting points closely...good luck!

#7 ·
I had a problem with the engine shaking at idle about a year ago. I took the car to the dealer and they cleaned the injectors and told me to dump a can of Techron into the gas tank. Everything was fine for a day or so and I began to notice a slight shaking again so I dumped in another can of Techron and it was fine after that. Must have picked up a load of bad gas.

#8 ·
Not to be the bearer of bad news but my car had a shaking at stop, and it was a misfire/timing issue. New timing chain tensioner and timing chain for me.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

And mine wasnt misfire = new timing chain. Im not sure what happened in between but it was an escalating issue(s) for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.