Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few guys that have spark plug covers that, well, hide the unsightly part of the engine that houses the spark plugs. Now, where (website, dealer) can I get one of those? I recently took off the plastic engine cover, and I want a spark plug cover for aesthetics. thx

·
Registered
450 Posts
you don't have one.... i'm so mad that they changed to coilpacks in 07... i think what you have looks better. you can paint them to match your car

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you don't have one.... i'm so mad that they changed to coilpacks in 07... i think what you have looks better. you can paint them to match your car
what do you mean paint them? i dont think i have anything to paint. I can see the wires leading to the spark plugs, and it's unattractive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the spark plugs...or whatever gives them the spark, not sure what theyre called. i want to get a cover for 'em. ive seen them around, but i just cant find them online. What camopaint posted was actually the closest that i found but its for a SS

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya man, and i cant find a dang spark plug cover anywhere!! that SS one that you pointed out is the closest one that ive seen to what im looking for

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha, baby steps. ill take what i can get i suppose

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hahaha, baby steps. ill take what i can get i suppose
ya know i was looking for the exact same thing. but instead...i think im just going to paint my valve cover

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya know i was looking for the exact same thing. but instead...i think im just going to paint my valve cover
i could do that, but all those wires leading to the spark plugs...ugh, i dunno. ill see what i can find. maybe GM has something

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you basically just wanna hide the spark plug wires?
well...ya. basically. ive seen 'em on people's cobalts, on this forum site!! I've even seen one that said Ecotec 2.2L.....it is exactly what you showed me for the SS, but w/o the SS emblem on it. i have googled and googled but still nothing

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
well...ya. basically. ive seen 'em on people's cobalts, on this forum site!! I've even seen one that said Ecotec 2.2L.....it is exactly what you showed me for the SS, but w/o the SS emblem on it. i have googled and googled but still nothing
if yoiur talkin about the thing below then those are the coilpack's from the 05 and 06 model cobalts... in 2007 they switch to the individual coil packs because they were more effecient and easier to work with then the other style

·
Registered
446 Posts
That's pretty cool what MRZ did, but for some reason that just looks out of place IMO. It would look really nice if you polished the rest of the valve cover though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.