Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2007 2.2 cobalt. I plan on doing a lot of mods including all the basic bolt on mods, port-polish, shave the heads, new tb, manifold swap, new cams and a bunch of internal work. Stock I have a 148 HP and might be hitting around 180 after all my mods. My question is should I decide to swap my 2.2 out for a 2.4 motor rated at 171 HP then go from there? I'm assuming the cost will be roughly the same for the swap or a bunch of mods for my 2.2. The gas mileage is the same for both motors but the 2.4 requires a higher octance gas. Is it worth it to swap the engine or should I just stick with the 2.2 and mod that. B-low I'll be waiting for your opinion here.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The 2.4's aren't all they are cracked up to be...Might as well just bore the cylinders 20 or 30 over and do your head work while your at it. It's too much of a headache to go through swapping an engine and computer and anything else that may need to be done to get it to run correctly.

Besides, if you spend the money to swap the engine, then you'll want to do all the bolt-ons to the 2.4. Once that's done, you'll be bored and want to take it further with the head and internals anyway. Save the step and just go all out on your stock engine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wonder if a 350 will fit lol???

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
red07ssna said 2.2's turn out to be faster than 2.4s

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, i guess that was before I actually considered doing the mod myself haha, only reason I thought of it was because the gas mileage was roughly the same in both engines, I donn't plan on supercharging or turboing my car though but thanks guys, you can close this thread if you want now, i got my info

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah my buddy has an RX8 and says theres no forum for it out there that isnt filled with total D-Bags that think there s**t dont stink and all they ever do is just post pictures of there stock car because they spend every dime they got on the payments. This place is awesome because no matter how minuscule of a question I have its usually answered in about 10 min. I have already learned so much about this car and cars in general.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i gotta say man we have the coolest admin on this site.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you got a little something on your nose there...lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
lol as soon as i put that i knew someone would say that. i was just thinking about it yesterday. i looked at two posts in a row and the admin answered both of them. You usually dont see that on other sites. Alright enough loving on the admin for me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.