Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about droping a H22A into my Cobalt dose anyone know where i could find diagrams of the mounting brackets and have any advice on the subject?

·
Registered
20 Posts
goodluck... I'd suggest buying the haynes manual for the diagrams. I hope you have good amount of exp with cars cause thats probably going to need alot of custom work.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Hey stoon_cobalt, if your on this website to bash peoples threads than just get off, if your here to help then place a comment. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything. So what let him do what he wants, to each there own.

As for this topic I would get the haynes manual. Custom work is a must for this application. Good luck with it, include pics and such and keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you think I am stupid for wanting to do that you must not know that it as more power than the SS motor with out a turbo and how can you say no to vtec also what are some easy things to do for a weight reduction as i would like to keep my trim and back seat

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
You could remove the spare tire and jack, anything you don't need in your car, clothing etc. If you are going to the drag strip it really easy on what to do, having as little fuel in your car as possible and taking out the spare tire and such. Getting rid of any unneeded parts under the hood I.E. Plastic engine cover crap. get an intake lighter and, you could also get a carbon fiber hood, lighter rims. etc. anything helps

·
Registered
618 Posts
that is really an interesting idea......i owned an integra and was gonna swap the motor...id suggest measuring both motors with trannys on them and see if they will for sure fit......not sure if honda will fit well with chevy stuff.........it is gonna cost u loads of $$$ in custom parts and fab.......

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
not to mention the fact honda motors are designed to go in the OPPOSITE way of domestic FWD motors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very true and the hard part will be finding the right ecu for the vtec ut i think it wll be well worth the effort in the end and thanks for all or the replys

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
very true and the hard part will be finding the right ecu for the vtec ut i think it wll be well worth the effort in the end and thanks for all or the replys
:huh: I don't.. You could turbo the Ecotec and get more gains out of it for less time, money and effort.. You want to swap motors.. BUY A HONDA!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:huh: I don't.. You could turbo the Ecotec and get more gains out of it for less time, money and effort.. You want to swap motors.. BUY A HONDA!
Sadly, i have to agree.

Speed kills, so buy a Honda!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If youwere going to go through the trouble of swapping an engine, why not do something a little better. I really couldnt see an engne swap being worth it unless you were swapping like an LS1 or something.

like others said, i would just turbo the ***** and save time money and the headaches. And getting anything done with warranty would be gone too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.