Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna swap my 2.2 for the 2.0 supercharged. where do u think the best place to get the engine would be. thanx

·
Registered
257 Posts
it's not worth it....just trade in your car for a lsj, the lnf, or spend the money on your 2.2L.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
your driving a cobalt not a honda.. things just dont plug and play.. no body has done it yet for that exact reason.

trade your car in if you want a ss/sc
and on that note is when i mention my little civic is getting a B18A motor out of an integra, and i am turbo'ing it, lol:D

btw, agreed with the fact of trading in your balt for an SC/TC. not worth motor swapping, if you want to spend that kind of money on the motor, why not put it towards a turbo kit for the 2.2L? it's cheaper in the long run, and more power too!

·
Registered
869 Posts
and on that note is when i mention my little civic is getting a B18A motor out of an integra, and i am turbo'ing it, lol:D

btw, agreed with the fact of trading in your balt for an SC/TC. not worth motor swapping, if you want to spend that kind of money on the motor, why not put it towards a turbo kit for the 2.2L? it's cheaper in the long run, and more power too!
Exactly. Get a Hahn Racecraft turbo for way cheaper than any "motor swap". Full kit is about 3,500. A motor alone would be nearly ten grand.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Exactly. Get a Hahn Racecraft turbo for way cheaper than any "motor swap". Full kit is about 3,500. A motor alone would be nearly ten grand.
no... you have no clue how wrong you are.. the motor its self is only like 3grand.
i second what nramlow has posted on the motor cost, i even priced it out. With labour, yeah, it will be high, but only like $6k - $7k easy

·
Registered
594 Posts
thats why its always better to know someone that can help you out put a turbo on the car.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.