Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry I have been a little busy with moving. I have 2 random issues.

1st Idol:
Before my idol was bouncing while coming to a stop and a throttle body and air filter clean all but solved that. Now with the weather and humidity I have turned the A/C on and voila its back! Only when the A/C runs..... Ideas?

2nd :
2days ago it.started. I turn they key, start assist kicks in, engine is turning but is struggling to fire. After second turn it finally kicks. Is this a symptom spark plugs, starter going, fuel pump? I just don't know and can't afford to replace it all. ;-)

Thanks guys and gals!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like you hit a bad batch of gasoline.

Start with the cheapest first, Spark plugs will run you under $40 under $30 if you shop around. If you are close to 100,000 miles you're due anyways.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T! I can always count on you! ;-)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sea foam in the gas should help with that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooo seafoam. That's a good idea Levi! Tonight for 32 bucks and a 10 gas card rebateI replaced the plugs. Fortunately I didn't screw this one up. Haha. But it still isn't firing properly. I will try seafoam in the tank tomorrow, budget depending.

If that doesn't solve it am I looking at coil pack replacement time?

Also, I am not sure I understand how any of this would help my idle jumping like a Mexican Jumping bean wwhen coming to a stop with the A/C running.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
When A/C clutch is signaled to turn on the PCM also receives this signal. When it does it does two things It turns on fan 1 then it increments the throttle position actuator to compensate for the extra load on the engine and alternator.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, so this is normal opposed to abnormal. Nice! Thank the lord! The the Coby7 master. I have happily but in a broke sense dumped a lot of money into this car. I can't wait till its 100%.

I have some tech data I would love to have analyzed. I'll post it up shortly. One mystery is cylinder 1 has had 2 misfires.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Before or after you changed the plugs?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Started back a few weeks ago. Not plug related. A/C related lo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.