Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but since I have no clue about the Cobalt it's ok lol. What engine is in my 08 ls coupe?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I believe the L61 was used up until 09.

·
Registered
49 Posts
to open the hood the latch is down by where your left foot goes. it should have a little picture of a hood opening on it.

its a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder L61

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
He was asking about the L61 not the size of the engine... I'm hoping!!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
well I was just trying to figure out how to get a rim that was 225/40R18, then realized that was just the size of the tire not the rim!! We all have our moments!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Wrong thread there Blackbalts

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

This may be a dumb question but since I have no clue about the Cobalt it's ok lol. What engine is in my 08 ls coupe?
Check Your RPO list in the trunk under the mat to the left of the spare tire compartment. If you see a L61 (which is more than likely) in the list you have a 2.2 liter if you have LSJ you won the jackpot.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Wrong thread there Blackbalts

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Check Your RPO list in the trunk under the mat to the left of the spare tire compartment. If you see a L61 (which is more than likely) in the list you have a 2.2 liter if you have LSJ you won the jackpot.
Not wrong thread, I was just giving an example of dumb questions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey, honestly at one point i didnt know that different models of any car came with different sized engines. i just assumed they used the same engine for every model, every time. i learned myself thru the interwebs

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
hey, honestly at one point i didnt know that different models of any car came with different sized engines. i just assumed they used the same engine for every model, every time. i learned myself thru the interwebs
i second this, when i can't find something on google, its not real.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I win!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not wrong thread, I was just giving an example of dumb questions.
First of all there are no dumb questions in my opinion just dumb answers. No one is born with absolute knowledge. Questioning is a way to acquire knowledge, you can go on in life not asking questions and be an ignorant or you can ask. Dumb is believing everything you read on the internet. Try to get the verified facts. If is RPO list L61 then he will know for a fact that he has a naturally aspirated 2.2l even without looking under the hood provided the engine is OEM.

We should encourage questions dumb or not, members finding the question lame should just move on to next thread. I'm as guilty as anybody sometimes we just can't resist. Sometimes a dumb questions elaborates into a very fruitful dialogue answering a bunch of other questions in the process. :noworry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I built my Mustang to low 12's N/A and know what I'm doing but I just got this Cobalt and would like to build on it. It got confusing when I started looking at parts because of the different engines and I don't really know where to start with it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
turbotechracing.com
zzperformance.com
crateenginedepot.com

Buy everything you can afford from these stores and you will have what you need to get back to 12 seconds.... probably not NA though.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I built my Mustang to low 12's N/A and know what I'm doing but I just got this Cobalt and would like to build on it. It got confusing when I started looking at parts because of the different engines and I don't really know where to start with it.
Did you check your RPO list?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
If you're looking for 12's with a cobalt, you're gonna have to do a loooooot of work, turbo is necessary. If you're trying to do an n/a set up, you can look for any parts that say 2.2L or 2.4L. If you go the forced induction route, whether sc or tc, you're going to need to look at components specifically for the lsj, which is sc or the lnf, which is tc.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.