Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get my engine looking chrome, like mad shiny? and do i have to remove stuff to do it.????? DIY if poss. thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you want it chrome, you have to remove the stuff and take it to a chrome shop to have it chrome dipped. It's pretty expensive, but gives a MUCH better look than just polishing. Here's a couple pics of my friend's MR2 with most of his engine chrome plated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow that is pimp. very nice thanks, but where the heck would i find a chrome place in new york.....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hahaha yea... i dont know of any chrome places here in ny...i just used a can of "never dull" that i got from auto zone to polish and clean my valve cover and every now and again i use it on my intake , morrors and muffler

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does that never dull look like chrome or what and is it any good????

·
Registered
485 Posts
wow that is pimp. very nice thanks, but where the heck would i find a chrome place in new york.....
I'm not sure about in NY, but the place my buddy used is called Space Coast Plating in Titusville, FL. He called them ahead of time, got the info of where to send his stuff, etc and mailed them everything. They took about 4 months to get everything back to him. I would just look online for places in your area tho. I'm sure there is one if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm mad bored thought I'd put this up. All i did was scrub with a brillo pad and use Mother's Aluminum and mag polish.

I know... not chrome, but it does look nicer than it did.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea... thats the shine the never dull gave my cover... I liked it and need to do it again soon

·
Registered
193 Posts
wet sand it with 220 -then 400 then 600 then1000 then2000 ....now start polishing it with mothers the more you do it the shiner it gets

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
You 2.2 guys are pretty lucky because your valve covers shine up pretty easy. I think it must be a softer material then us 2.0 guys have. To do it right you need to polish it like in the how to on this site or chrome it. You could also get it powdercoated a chrome color which will look pretty shiny but not quite polished or chrome.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a swat meet at the English town Racing track down here in NJ... ive seeen companies that actually do the job

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.