Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had this issue since getting a trifecta tune, but trifecta says its coincidence. It comes on rarely, but it also disables cruise control more often.

The service traction, and esc light comes on only if the car sits for a day, than I drive it longer than ~15 minutes. Sounds random, but thats the only repeatable conditions that are pretty consistent. Other than that...its totally random. It goes away when I turn it off. The only part that bothers me is cruse control gets turned off (sometimes without the light/code showing) plus I already have an un-diagnosable air bag light, so it's just one more beep to deal with.

The dealer wants $100 bucks for each light and I have to pay even if they don't figure it out. So it'll run $200 just to diagnose (which will go toward the repair if I choose to go that route) . What do you guys think they'll want for the repair?

What would you do? Should I get another quote? who do I go to other than the dealer for an electrical thing?

Sorry this thread is a little A.D.D., just trying to get as much detail in a small space as possible. :bigsmile:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Might just be connection to your vehicle speed sensor. Ever see your speedometer twitch while driving?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had this problem about a year ago, I took it to the dealership and it turned out to be a faulty speed sensor in the right wheel area, although If I remember correctly my cruise control was still functional, I also had it replaced under warrantee

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
stickx911,

If you would like I can call over to your dealership and try to see if I can get a ballpark estimate of the repair. Please private message me your name, VIN, and the name of your GM dealership if you are interested.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.