Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

What do you think the car will run with these mods...?

• 13.5+

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 13.3-13.499

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 13.00-13.299

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 12.99 or better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am trying to get together what kind of time my cobalt will pull... now i do have a lot of money in my car but its not all in performance i actualy have not spent as much as you would think on performance parts... got good deals and talked to the right people.

performance parts: (also listed in my sig)
60# injectors, 2 step colder plugs, ported blower and intake mani, dual bypass valve, 2.6" pulley, meth injection, header back exhaust.... high flow car, SLP loud mouth 2 res. on 2.5" or 3" piping (not sure on the size yet), HP tuned PCM,

parts that i will have before spring (track):
injen cai, header, 400 hp axles, and a set of 16" rims with some nice tires for the strip... possible slicks or just some cheaters...

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think you are going to be under 13.5 but not much. You are going to find that with the 2.6 pulley your going to be making more heat then it's worth. You also really need to add a second heat exchanger.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i forgot to add that in.... but i was forsure planning on adding the cobra heat exchanger in.... to help with cooling... that and add a tank to hold more coolant so there is more liquid in the system, meth injection should help out, and do little things like wrap the intake with heat wrap to stop the heat from getting into the metal piping...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well you might also want to install a cool can between the pump and intake. Fill that puppy with ice water or dry ice to get that coolant real Fing cold.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i am still gathering ideas to get her cooler... cuz i wanted to see 12s on my time card... but i am not thinking i will. but at least low 13s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.