Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I find this? I'm guessing it's near the gas tank but not sure. Model is a 2007 LS 4dr.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

Reactions: solarboy

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Any more questions, just ask, if I can't help pretty sure someone on here can.

Reactions: solarboy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's EXTREMELY helpful, thank you very much! Hopefully it stops raining tomorrow so I can get this done.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I was able to change mine without unbolting the canister. FYI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there is enough remove to slide out the old solenoid? That's good to know, should make this a pretty quick fix then.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If that's your problem, these rarely go bad, most often you'll find squirrels or mice have chewed at the wires. Codes are just a troubleshooting starting point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it ended up being both things, the wires to the solenoid were split and the solenoid itself was stuck in either it's open or closed position.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Spliced the wires and replaced the solenoid, check engine light has cleared and taking it to get retested this afternoon!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
An other happy camper, glad we could help!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably going to have to retape my shitty splice job tomorrow or later today though lol. It was too cold to get good adhesion with my electrical tape so it's kinda loose and will probably expose it to a ground in a few days or if it rains again. But that's better than having to drop the canister again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.