Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Cobalt with less than 90,000 miles. Problem started cranking, being jumped fixed it. Battery tested fine. Kept happening every couple days. Changed battery. Car totally dies. Does not make any sound to even try to crank but all lights and radio come on. Diagnostic indicated electrical problem. Mechanic took apart fuse box and tightened loose connections.I also replaced two relays. Power steering message came on. Since just got recall notice for this, took to dealer. Go to pick it up and they have "misplaced" my key. Driving home now my speedometer does not work. Milage is not changing, power steering message still displays and car is revving way too high. Was told that it sounds like my overdrive is not working. GM did nothing about my complaint except contact dealer to have my key shipped back to me. What could cause everything to stop working at the same time? Never had problems, has low milage, regular maint. and all of a sudden have no working gauges, transmission issues, power steering message, low fuel message when I get gas. GM is a joke, diagnostic shows nothing or everything. Have one car and can't get to work, can't afford to keep paying for someone to tell me what is wrong and to repair when everything done makes it worse

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Check all of the grounds, sounds like you aren't getting good contact and it's throwing all the electronics haywire.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Replacing the TCM/ECM fuse did not fix. Other options? Totally depressed. From reading some other symptoms sounded just like mine, wish the fix was as easy

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check if Boost post is loose?

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Check for broken ground on engine ground stud?

BCM big fuse in trunk?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fuse in trunk tests okay, does not seem to be that. I think the boost is only in the SS? If not I have no idea what that is..... Where is the engine ground, I can have that checked next. What is the SDM under the emergency brake? is that for airbag or the computer? All panels are now off, no obvious disconnected cables or wires anywhere so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing seems loose, but in testing this, the key got stuck while engine did not shut off. now I can't get it to crank again. Figures. car is basically fubar at this point

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a diagram of the interior fuse box that shows the amps for each fuse? I found one for the under the hood fuse box but not the dash/floor console fuse block. Still trying to figure out what the issue is......Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
BCM fuse block diagram is in post 3 of this thread.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Did you change the ECM/TCM fuse under the hood or the one on the BCM block?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.