Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hey guys! Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, I'm on my phone, and I had a quick question. My Cobalt's exhaust bubbles from a high rpm, and I know Srt-4s do this alot as well. I was wondering what causes this, I think it sounds really cool. Thanks!
mine dose it to but only after i put a cold air intake on it. idk why though. wish i could help

·
Registered
319 Posts
mine is when your rev it up or what we call winding it out which is shifting between 5000-6300 rpm

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

it kinda sounds like there's water bubbling in it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Its not bad, i herd its just burning off fuel (running a tad rich at that point) but someone correct me if im wrong....i know SRT4's are notorious for doing this and its 10 times louder.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
your good, with the header / dp with tsudo cb its pretty loud and it gargles all the way down from 6k rpm to idle....may be the tune or the 2.4 parts..idk...sounds good!

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
Dumping timing at decel helps do that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
that doesnt sound like it would be good for the exhaust...
All cars do it to some degree or other. Truly scary cars with open exhausts will spit flames from the pipes on the overrun.

Dangerous? Yes. Awesome? Absolutely.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
My grandpas '23 Ford would do that, and shoot flames out the short pipes.

·
Say What again!
6,033 Posts
I definitely love the rumbles and pops I get when I drop it into gear on decel. Sounds awesome - sometimes a little too loud with the pops. :laugh:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Couple of days ago I got ask a hilarious question. My buddy and I was pulling into a parking lot for a mall...when just about to get out of my car a guy approaches me. He compliments me on my car...Guy: "Dude, your car sounds pretty sick, whatcha running under the hood?" Me: "A L61" Guy: "Twin tubro...right" Me (humoring him): Ummm...no, a hemi. Then he gives me a smirk and walks away probably realizing that I was joking around. My friend just starts cracking up!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.