Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this may be a dead horse, but i still have have no luck with this sound.
Buzzing when i accelerate moderately or hard. From the behind the radio/firewall area.

I have new manifold and flex section gaskets, new header(manifold had a crack). And i had a new flex section welded in. The bolts were tightened in the correct pattern and retightened after a few drives. I have put a small amount of RTV at the flex portion joint.

No buzz when I rev it up in neutral.
No buzz when i accel gradually, under 2k
No Buzz when coasting or cruising.

I thought the once that the noise had lessened when a shop put in the new flex joint. But now I think it has not really gotten better or worse.

Any words before i pull out whats left of my hair? Thanks.

1st flex pipe installed and after i found a cracked manifold.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took it back to the shop that put in the new flex joint for an inspection. They did not find an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i was hoping some good gaskets would solve my exhaust buzzing on accel...
I attempted this yesterday and this is what i found down the throat of the flex section!! The tips of my fingers just fit in the opening. The flex was cut out and replaced by a custom exhaust shop few months ago.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not good, your down to a piss hole for exhaust. I'm surprised it's not whisling Dixie.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

A real muffler shop did that work for you???

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the shop replace the piss hole replacement. A week later i was buzzing again.
So i had 2 flex pipes put on and they both failed. The shop then put this one on and it is going great. month and a half later and still quiet.
I was a patient person and the shop thanked me for being so. They apologized and wanted to make it right. Maybe another shop would have said take off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.