Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so if you don't know, I'm learning as I go here, just so you know, I live in WV so we have to have a Catyltic Converter to pass inspection, so here's my question, If I was to go from the headers back (I have a 2.2 Auto) with the Racing Solutions Header/DP with the SRI, would a Tsudo just bolt up to the downpipe, or does it bolt to the catalytic convertor?

so basically does it goes like this \/

Header -> Downpipe -> Catback ->
or
Header -> Downpipe -> Catalytic -> Catback

???

I'm seriously asking this, NEWB question I know...

·
Registered
339 Posts
dude duffy thats a dumb question i believe it goes header downpipe, catalyic, than muff.. if im not mistaken. can call u my work phone or the cell phone

·
Registered
446 Posts
The catalytic converter is apart of the downpipe. So I guess it would be Header => Downpipe/Catalytic Converter => Tsudo Exhaust.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yep. See the slip fitting there on the left of the downpipe? In this case, that attaches to the collector of the header, and then the 2-bolt flange bolts to the exhaust system.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yep. See the slip fitting there on the left of the downpipe? In this case, that attaches to the collector of the header, and then the 2-bolt flange bolts to the exhaust system.
The only thing I could think of that would be different is if he was talking about the first generation header/dp combo w/ the stainless steel header. I think that's the one OBZ uses.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Yeah - a lot of header/downpipe combos I've seen have had 3-bolt flanges between the two.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
okay more questions here....

First im guessing the object outlined in pink is the part that slides into the bung (no pun intended) on the downpipe...

And also I was at the understanding that if I was to get headers, that I would need the SAI compatible, but after looking i didnt see a hose, the closest hose was this one v v v however it doesn't actually go into the header like the aftermarket ones do...and I DID have to attach the tube to the bottom side of my intake so I thought I needed SAI...???

or is the sai hose on the bottom side of the headers?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

bump?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
The SAI pump is below the intake manifold.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

And you do not need a SAI compatible header. Just remove the SAI and have it tuned out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.