Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Searching for a cat back exhaust for my 2.2l 08' cobalt ls. But i can't seem to find really any other than a magnaflow thats close to $800.00 or a JDM off ebay, that is $199.99 but say's it's only for 05-07

So im asking 2 questions.

1. Does anyone know a decent low priced exaust for my car?

2. If i were to get the JDM, would it matter that it say's it is only for the years 2005-2007?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok im looking into exhaust systems and the GMPP exhaust looks amazing! but the price is just crazy! anyone know where i can find or order a GMPP exhaust for cheaper than crate engine depot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out mandrelexhaustsystems.com heard good things about them, 2.5" piping and they come with magnaflow muffler or borla muffler, a resonator is not included but they also have them on the same page.
Best price for a custom bent cat-back exhaust for the cobalt online that I have found so far.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
^^^ I've considered them in the past -- looked at their prices (mandrelexhaustsystems.co) and they are lower than most. I'm hestitant to purchase from them because there is one Cobalt owner that bought an exhaust from them and it did not fit correctly. The tail pipe was hitting the rear bumper and it caused it to melt.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
im with red. i would rather buy a tsudo or used exhaust made for the cobalt, than take my chances on getting the right parts. just seems like more of a hassle than an exhaust is worth imo. you have to find the right muffler/resonator to go with the piping.(plus the sound you want) at least with the tsudo you know the hangers have to be adjusted.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Meh I'm so indecisive. I wish I knew someone with a GMPP so I really knew how it sounded in person. Cause that will determine if I really wan't to get an exhaust or not. I don't wanna be hassled by cops. They pull you over for anything here cause they get bored. -_-

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Meh I'm so indecisive. I wish I knew someone with a GMPP so I really knew how it sounded in person. Cause that will determine if I really wan't to get an exhaust or not. I don't wanna be hassled by cops. They pull you over for anything here cause they get bored. -_-
one thing to be aware of with the gmpp, if you plan on lowering. the resonator is huge! its the same size as the muffler. and it fu***** scapes on everything!
just thought id throw that out there. still love it though. sound is sick, deep, throaty, and not that loud except at wot. even then, not that loud compared to others. but thats on my 2.2. so take what you will from this...................just trying to help :bigsmile:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
it would be much louder on a 2.4 probably lol. also i just changed to ss/tc springs there's no reason to change em again. lol

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Just springs. I don't have the money for struts and shocks right now, and I have no patience so I just had to install the springs now. :laugh: Well I figure I won't get the struts or shocks for a while since I buy cobalt parts by priority so. lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm Searching for a cat back exhaust for my 2.2l 08' cobalt ls. But i can't seem to find really any other than a magnaflow thats close to $800.00 or a JDM off ebay, that is $199.99 but say's it's only for 05-07

So im asking 2 questions.

1. Does anyone know a decent low priced exaust for my car?

2. If i were to get the JDM, would it matter that it say's it is only for the years 2005-2007?
I was reading the forums when "ding dong" my Tsudo exhaust arrived! Perfect right before the 3 day weekend to install it and PLAY!
Only cost $250 with free shipping, and got here in a week. Not bad. I figure if I want to upgrade later, I'll Craigs List the Psudo for a more expensive one. But from what I've read, seen and heard, the Tsudo might be just what I was looking for.:nuts:

And btw, I have a 2008 LS that I'm working on, so if it doesn't fit or there are issues I'll be sure to post em.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a welder and saw, but no bender. My car is strictly commuter, so I am looking for economy gains, although not at the sacrifice of power, and I also want to keep it relatively quiet. I think the Tsudo and most other systems would be too loud for my tastes. But, my thought is that it might be easier to pick up a Tsudo or "JDM" system and cut/splice a resonator and better flowing muffler in. Or would it be easier/cheaper to just order some bends, resonator, and muffler from Summit Racing or something like that and make my own?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.