Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have full pace setter exhaust headers, cat, muffler the whole deal, but my only issue is after all it was installed im now getting this nasty rattling noise above 3500 rpms any1 know how to fix this(everything is welded up headers back)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Do you have a flexpipe in it? If not that could be a nice issue...and why did you have EVERYTHING welded...do you plan on never taking it apart again? Also...HEADER. Not headers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a flexpipe in it? If not that could be a nice issue...and why did you have EVERYTHING welded...do you plan on never taking it apart again? Also...HEADER. Not headers.
i dont plan on taking it apart again because im happy with it except for that damn rattle il try putting a flex join in and see how that works. but only thing other then that, that im going to do is put this SEXY ASS muffler on mah car because its sexy Universal Muffler-Apexi N Style Black Carbon Fiber By Spec D MF-RS3F10BCF

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is not a sexy muffler
i prob wont get it but i love the full carbon fiber look il most likly end up sticking with my pacesetter muffler since it looks extremly oem without the tip on it

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
141 Posts
haha that wont happen, you'll just gain a nice unique sound.

but since price is an issue, flowmaster 60 series are under $100 i think. they look oem-ish

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha that wont happen, you'll just gain a nice unique sound.

but since price is an issue, flowmaster 60 series are under $100 i think. they look oem-ish
i love the sounds of my current pacesetter muffler im just not a big fan of the flowmaster style like it has honestly but i see myself sucking it up and forcing myself to love befor i replace honestly but the that mufler dose have an awsome sounds to it must admidt

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i dont plan on taking it apart again because im happy with it except for that damn rattle il try putting a flex join in and see how that works. but only thing other then that, that im going to do is put this SEXY ASS muffler on mah car because its sexy Universal Muffler-Apexi N Style Black Carbon Fiber By Spec D MF-RS3F10BCF
good choice i got that too. just not in cf. shit is official. be sure to angle properly or fail! edit: just saw the link that's a knockoff, ouch! get real stuff!

and yeah, you need a flex pipe pretty bad. shit can do some damage. think about it, no flex you're putting mad stress on the header bolts...and what does the header bolt to? the head! get one in there asap!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good choice i got that too. just not in cf. shit is official. be sure to angle properly or fail! edit: just saw the link that's a knockoff, ouch! get real stuff!

and yeah, you need a flex pipe pretty bad. shit can do some damage. think about it, no flex you're putting mad stress on the header bolts...and what does the header bolt to? the head! get one in there asap!
yea i ordered one earlier cost be about 25$ shipped and will be here by friday :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just to make sure, check out your exhaust hangers, make sure there's no knock between them. I've seen many instances on a full welded exhaust have some sort of hanger knock.

You won't be able to see it just like that, you'll have to get down there and check for paint chips. Or use stiffer hangers and see if the rattling stops.

Well that's my 0.02
good luck!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to make sure, check out your exhaust hangers, make sure there's no knock between them. I've seen many instances on a full welded exhaust have some sort of hanger knock.

You won't be able to see it just like that, you'll have to get down there and check for paint chips. Or use stiffer hangers and see if the rattling stops.

Well that's my 0.02
good luck!
thxs il give that a go if this flex joint dosnt fix the issue

·
Registered
141 Posts
x2 on the angle properly! If you get a can style muffler then you should deff do an "angle out" install of it. it would look sick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.