Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed the Pacesetter headers on a 2005 2.2L? The product desciption states fabrication may be required. I want to get either the headers at this site, Race Pages - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Headers Chevy

or the GMPP extruded and honed manifold. Which do you guys recommend? And is installation straight forward? Thanx....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I recommend the ext-honed manifold for the 2.2L -- if you think about it, it fits perfectly and flows well enough for the 2.0L SC engine to make 60-80 more HP. Bolts right in -- need 2 gaskets and I recommend you get new 3 bolts/nuts -- get a H02S socket and some antisieze for the H02S sensor.

You really would have to mod the 2.2L engine seriously to need more then the ext-honed manifold can flow. The real plus is that you won't have to worry about blown gaskets either.

crateenginedepot.com has good pricing, shipping costs, and sells an install kit as well so you don't have to find all the parts you need.

·
Banned
384 Posts
I recommend the ext-honed manifold for the 2.2L -- if you think about it, it fits perfectly and flows well enough for the 2.0L SC engine to make 60-80 more HP. Bolts right in -- need 2 gaskets and I recommend you get new 3 bolts/nuts -- get a H02S socket and some antisieze for the H02S sensor.

You really would have to mod the 2.2L engine seriously to need more then the ext-honed manifold can flow. The real plus is that you won't have to worry about blown gaskets either.

crateenginedepot.com has good pricing, shipping costs, and sells an install kit as well so you don't have to find all the parts you need.
you've gotta be kidding

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
you've gotta be kidding
Nope....please provide your opinion instead of useless blurps. I'm always amazed at the constant "you need bigger" mentality. How come the stage-2 2.0L 240 HP supercharged engine can run so well with this manifold but you think a 2.2L will suffer?

2.2L will run fine with the ext-honed manifold -- the ports are straight and flow well with no hinderance -- it's more than enough for basic performance gains since modding the engine isn't feasible to the novice and without the capability to tune the ECM for the knowledgable technicians.

Go ahead and tell him how much HP he'll gain with a $400-$900 header.

·
Banned
384 Posts
dude take it easy...i just find it hard to believe a header will give a car 80HP...sorry that sounds a little ridiculous

·
Registered
673 Posts
dude take it easy...i just find it hard to believe a header will give a car 80HP...sorry that sounds a little ridiculous
I may be wrong, but I don't think he is saying it will give you 80 more hp, but it will sustain 80 more hp. I may be wrong though.

Obviously expecting 80hp from anything short of forced induction is rediculous.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
"flows well enough for the 2.0L SC engine to make 60-80 more HP."

OK, I can see where you got side tracked....I was referring to the fact that the 2.0L makes 60 to 80 more HP then the 2.2L with this manifold.

·
Banned
384 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think he is saying it will give you 80 more hp, but it will sustain 80 more hp. I may be wrong though.

Obviously expecting 80hp from anything short of forced induction is rediculous.
oh i see...thanks clarifying

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow... tight thongs... you know... like flip flops...

The ext-honed manifold is the popular upgrade for most 2.2 peeps. But keep in mind that later on if you plan to go turbo, the garrett kit comes with it's own headers...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow... tight thongs... you know... like flip flops...

The ext-honed manifold is the popular upgrade for most 2.2 peeps. But keep in mind that later on if you plan to go turbo, the garrett kit comes with it's own headers...
so that's when you sell the mani, when you go turbo, lol

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
GMPP Extrude Honed works for me.
I am upgrading my downpipe though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.