Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking into putting exhaust on my 06 cobalt lt coupe and was told not and was asking some friends about what i should do and they said no need for a cat-back exhaust just get a flowmaster 60 series muffler..they said it would sound about the same and not cost quite as much

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Do you want sound only?

Or do you want a few HP also?

If you only want sound...then yes...just a muffler will be fine. ( I have a magnaflow )

If you want a few HP as well, I would recommend a Header/downpipe and step up the entire exhaust to at least 2.25" for a N/A application.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
full exhaust offers more HP and MPGs, but you're looking at nearly a grand to do it all. vs a good muffler that is sound only for maybe 150 installed.
Exactly. I paid $125 for the muffler and like $30 to get it installed. whats a few extra horsepower gonna do with a catback, and if you just want sound get a muffler.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im probably just going to get the muffler i just wanted something with good sound and not the bumble bee sound but was told the 60 series is kinda deep and sounds pretty good

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
depending on where you are you can have my SS muffler, 30 plus shipping, PM me, ill make a video tomorrow...its not loud at all but it has a nice tone...

·
Registered
745 Posts
well your exhaust is always gonna sound the best if its the best parts and a full system itself like everyone else is saying. but yeah stickx911 its about a grand, for the best there is.

·
Registered
141 Posts
you aren't going to gain any power from a full exhaust system, you'll just lose back pressure. you'd need a tune to gain a little bit of power lol..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
you aren't going to gain any power from a full exhaust system, you'll just lose back pressure. you'd need a tune to gain a little bit of power lol..
LOL Wut.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.