Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering what everyone is using...i was talking to the owner of my local muffler shop and he said it doesnt make much sense to replace the piping as it is stainless from the factory and there isnt a whole lot of motor in the cobalt and this all makes sense to me..so i was wondering if anyone has just left the stock pipes and just got a muffler and if so hows it sound?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i got a magnaflow bullet install in place of the resonator and straight pipes and sounds better than tthe SLP loudmouth tbh... and got all new piping 2.5 inch

·
Registered
302 Posts
Old timers think they know everything and its really fu$king annoying.

I had a old XL straight through magnaflow i was going to sell to a tech for $50 and the shop forman said it will ruin his engine because its straight through and that it will be too loud. its a 3" in/out 7" body 32" super muffler from an F350..... and it was going on a 2500 8.1L i think.
The same tech told my customer that if he gets a flowmaster exhaust for his ram it will void the warrenty... asshole.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i trust this guy..i have seen his work on multiple vehicles and im really only going for sound as of now anyways..if i ever decide of performance i would already have the muffler then would just need the piping, header etc. but right now just really after the sound

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I have the catback off an SS with a magnaflow muffler and love it. You probably want to go with 2 and a 1/4 inch piping imo (stock is 1 and 7/8ths I believe)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you just got the pipes from the cat back off an ss? That's an awesome idea did you buy it outright or did you find a totaled ss and get it off there and you got a sound clip of it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd offer mine up but it was damaged in my recent rear-end collision, so I had it replaced with a 3" catback instead.. I was gonna buy it and sell the OE exhaust to someone on here but thats not really an option now. :p

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I've been hoping to find one for so long. Theres a junk yard co that I get most of my parts from but they wont sell the exhaust

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
So you just got the pipes from the cat back off an ss? That's an awesome idea did you buy it outright or did you find a totaled ss and get it off there and you got a sound clip of it?
A local guy got a new ARK exhaust so I got his old one off him. Sounds good even stock. To be honest, I'd probably go back to the stock muffler instead of my magnaflow if I could. Its a hair loud for my liking at this point. I think there's one for sale on CSS if I remember correct. Don't know if its close to you. You could probably put up a thread about it over there and find one pretty easy though.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
when you guys say ss do you mean 2.4L or ss/sc?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
when you guys say ss do you mean 2.4L or ss/sc?
I've got the SS/SC

And re: the seats, is that front and rear? I paid $600 for the front, rear, and rear decklid (so its black instead of the ugly grey)

·
Say What again!
6,225 Posts
Yeah...$700 is a bit pricey for all four. I paid $250 for my Recaro fronts (from my buddy, he let me have them for that much - he bought them for less), and just paid $180 shipped for the leather rear seat.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I say ss I mean ss. The 2.4 is the cobalt sport. And yea it was all 4 and my interior is ebony so I don't even need the deck lid I love the recaro seats to but the ones I found were all black

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.