Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen this on here, but I can't find it....my father is trying to cut the cat out his exhaust and run straight pipe. But he doesn't want to get a CEL from that exhaust sensor just after the cat. I know there's an adapter to spoof that sensor but can't find it. Can someone link me to one?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked but I couldn't find anyone selling them...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Racing Solutions sells a 90 deg anti fouler. You simplyt thread it into the pipe and then thread the O2 sensor into the anii fouler. It positions the sensor further away from the exhaust gases and therefore does not give a high reading, thus fooling the computer. You should not get a CEL. I have one on my downpipe and it works just fine with no CEL.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Racing Solutions sells a 90 deg anti fouler. You simplyt thread it into the pipe and then thread the O2 sensor into the anii fouler. It positions the sensor further away from the exhaust gases and therefore does not give a high reading, thus fooling the computer. You should not get a CEL. I have one on my downpipe and it works just fine with no CEL.
If that is the case, then you can do the same thing with parts from the hardware store such as Lowe's or Home depot. Get a 90 degree pipe fitting and do same thing for way less.

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
Or get an O2 sims...or tune it out.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were not looking to spend a lot of money, its an old crappy car and the cat is rattling like crazy, so we'll prolly pick up that defouler from racing solutions....thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.