Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what kind of exhaust everyone has and what type of sound or tone they have.

·
Registered
165 Posts
STOCK FTW, Painted black sounds like shit, i mean stock

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
factory cat, cherry bomb where the resonator was, straight pipe from there out. and factory tip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
GMPP (GM Performance Parts) Performance Exhaust with an angled tip. My favorite mod so far. very very deep sound. doesn't sound ricy (sp?) at all. have yet to have anybody say they don't like the sound. also, all the videos of it don't do it justice. it sounds way better in person.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that since i started this thread i should post what type i have.... I have a complete custom exhaust except headers, with two vibrant resonators one in place of the cat and the other where the stock resonator used to be, a flow master race muffler and a magnaflow 4" tip, 2.25" piping mandrel bent. some say its too loud and others say that it sounds a little raspy with no tone, but lots say that its nice!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a ARK catback.. 3" piping and 4" tip.. I found that out of all the systems ive seen the ARK has the deepest smoothest sound, especially if youve done some mods to the engine..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I am going with the TSUDO

·
Registered
135 Posts
Full LSJ exhaust, sounds like well an LSJ minus the supercharger scream. Its quiet with just a little burble when you blip it. Not to mention its very free flowing for the needs of a 2.2

·
Registered
136 Posts
GMPP extrude honed manifold, SS/SC downpipe, 18" Magnaflow resonator, custom exhaust with Magnaflow muffler. I love it!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a dynomax super turbo muffler,that will have a 2.5 piping for the exhaust system,also a slanted cut tip.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2006 LSJ manifold and downpipe, GMPP sport catback from there to the back bumper. No exhaust tip, just the 2.25" unpolished stainless pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the Magnaflow exhaust, but I modified it. It was a little too loud for my tastes - as far as aftermarket exhaust systems go, it was on the quiet side, but when I accelerated hard or went up hills it was annoying. So I bought a GM Cadillac Eldorado muffler for $35 on eBay with a 2.25" entry and exit and ghetto-rigged it. It doesn't look the best (it's a little too big), but it's quieter than stock and I've still got the 2.25" pipes instead of the small stock pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.