Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
usually the cheap stuff is what makes it sound like a tuner. just sayin. in my experience the GMPP is excellent but not cheap.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm sure there is cheaper stuff that is decent though.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
around $700, I work at a chevy dealer though so I didn't pay that much. it's a stainless cat back system, not just a muffler.

·
Registered
44 Posts
find a custom exhaust shop near you and see what they can do just make sure it is stainless and they use a brand name muffler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What type of exhaust is better, catback or the full exhaust, or is it just personal preference? Just got a 2008 Cobalt LT, I had a Mazdaspeed Protege before this so gotta learn again. There aren't any emissions here, so I'm also wondering about one that might have just a high flow cat. Also interested in finding out what other exhausts would be compatible with my LT.. just want to make sure the length is the same, etc. I would be looking to change out the header, downpipe, exhaust. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What type of exhaust is better, catback or the full exhaust, or is it just personal preference? Just got a 2008 Cobalt LT, I had a Mazdaspeed Protege before this so gotta learn again. There aren't any emissions here, so I'm also wondering about one that might have just a high flow cat. Also interested in finding out what other exhausts would be compatible with my LT.. just want to make sure the length is the same, etc. I would be looking to change out the header, downpipe, exhaust. Thanks.
If you want more than just sound, full exhaust is the way to go. And definately get a high-flow cat, cat-less just sounds like ass IMO. You can go on any of the vendors here for an exhaust(the performance vendors at least)that will fit your balt or just search google for 2008 cobalt lt exhaust and go from there.

·
cobalt newb
110 Posts
i currently have stock Cobalt, but from what I've heard the GM performance parts soudns best, I think it was the touring that sounds best,

2nd place id have to put tsudo N1 exhaust.

seen a few videos of the pacesetter exhaust and I don't like its sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found one I love, it's the Hahn.. just have to do a little research on it. It's probably going to be between that (pending that it will work on my car and isn't only for the turbo ones) and the Vibrant.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.