Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 3 months into my purchase of my 2006 SS, now has 67,000km and power train will expire in June/2011 or 100,000 km. I can purchase an ext warranty bumper to bumper for $1800 from Ensurall which will take me to 170,000km or June 2015. Should i buy this or not? am i going to get stiffed when the time for a claim comes saying that its maintenance and not repair? I am not very mechanically inclined so i will get all the work done at local garage or deale. I don't know what kind of repairs can i expect to go wrong and how much they will be over time to June/2015. any suggestions advise would be helpful.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's been about 3 months into my purchase of my 2006 SS, now has 67,000km and power train will expire in June/2011 or 100,000 km. I can purchase an ext warranty bumper to bumper for $1800 from Ensurall which will take me to 170,000km or June 2015. Should i buy this or not? am i going to get stiffed when the time for a claim comes saying that its maintenance and not repair? I am not very mechanically inclined so i will get all the work done at local garage or deale. I don't know what kind of repairs can i expect to go wrong and how much they will be over time to June/2015. any suggestions advise would be helpful.
Only 1800 to protect it? Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i am thinking...my only worry is...will i get the run around when an actual claim happens down the road??

·
Registered
143 Posts
that's what i am thinking...my only worry is...will i get the run around when an actual claim happens down the road??
That depends Just go to where ever they are located and ask about complaints and the such and google search and see the rep the company gets.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ensurall looks to be aftermarket. I would look into the GMPP warranties GM offers that's what I'm planning on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes...you are correct Ensurall is aftermarket, however, since i have past the 3yrs 60,000 km factory bumper to bumper i can't purchase the gmpp warranty.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh ok. It's just that when it comes to aftermarket warranties, they're's always hassle between them and the shop over a single repair.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wouldn't either, just suck it up, if you take care of your car, it will take care of you. The drive trains in these cars have been proven for over ten years now. Why do you think GM didn't change them? It is the racers, and the extremist when it comes to mods, who usually have the most trouble, and also the one's who neglect the maintenance schedule.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
wouldnt, made that mistake on one of my other cars. If it is not provided by the manufacturer than save your money, maybe get experienced on fixing things so you can do it yourself and save money there. Most them say they cover this and that, but most of the time you get excuses and cannot use it.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Well it's just another kind of insurance. I'd buy insurance if I couldn't afford to fix my car, but since I can afford it, no sale. Plus the only thing I'd be worried about is the frickin turbo, 'cause I never had one before, and if it died, I wouldn't want it fixed, I'd want a kickass turbo u/g kit, right? So that would be no benefit, having that fixed. Also, I figure if a part's bad, it'll self-destruct within the first 5 years of its life. To me, having a warranty is kinda like living with a homeowners association, all these rules all the time. Since the car came with a warranty, it would be like throwing money away to violate all its terms, but once I'm free of that, why should I pay money to go back there?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wouldnt, made that mistake on one of my other cars. If it is not provided by the manufacturer than save your money, maybe get experienced on fixing things so you can do it yourself and save money there. Most them say they cover this and that, but most of the time you get excuses and cannot use it.
yeah...i am thinking this forum is quite helpful...lots of DIY....so i can learn and save the hassle and $$$$ too!

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Well it's just another kind of insurance. I'd buy insurance if I couldn't afford to fix my car, but since I can afford it, no sale. Plus the only thing I'd be worried about is the frickin turbo, 'cause I never had one before, and if it died, I wouldn't want it fixed, I'd want a kickass turbo u/g kit, right? So that would be no benefit, having that fixed. Also, I figure if a part's bad, it'll self-destruct within the first 5 years of its life. To me, having a warranty is kinda like living with a homeowners association, all these rules all the time. Since the car came with a warranty, it would be like throwing money away to violate all its terms, but once I'm free of that, why should I pay money to go back there?
i am getting the sense from most is that there will be hassles in making claims!!

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I personally wouldn't do it. I had one on my SVT Focus and it was nothing but a hassle.
did they ever pay out or were claims ALWAYS denied!

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

U wouldn't the dealer always gives a hard time when it comes time for anything
looks like i am getting the same vibe...it's gonna be a lotta hassle to collect!!! LOL

·
Registered
911 Posts
yeah just save that money u were gonna spend on the warranty and put it towards mods on the Cobalt (like a 2.6 pulley or something)...btw, where in Canada are u from?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.