Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This is my first post so bare with me. :embarrest:
So I just bought an 06' Ls Yellow Cobalt annnd I just realized that the doors are different. It seems that cobalt coupes have the vertical part of the exterior door painted black so that the transition from the back side window to the front side window looks seamless. Now one side of mine is black and one isn't... I assume the passenger door was replaced. Has anyone had this problem? How did you paint it? What paint should I use to fix it? :thanks

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Hey everyone! This is my first post so bare with me. :embarrest:
So I just bought an 06' Ls Yellow Cobalt annnd I just realized that the doors are different. It seems that cobalt coupes have the vertical part of the exterior door painted black so that the transition from the back side window to the front side window looks seamless. Now one side of mine is black and one isn't... I assume the passenger door was replaced. Has anyone had this problem? How did you paint it? What paint should I use to fix it? :thanks

It's not paint, I'm pretty sure the black is actually vinyl that uou can peel off and it will match

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I was thinking maybe just peel off the side with the vinyl to reveal the yellow underneath. If you planned on buying the vinyl then I'd just do both sides to guarantee consistency

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I would like to peel off the one and buy new black vinyl for both sides. Do you know where to buy it? Auto Zone? Advance Auto Parts? Should I make a new post to ask people?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i would go ask a body shop, they would know what it ism how to repair it and where to buy the right stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.