Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Cobalt ls. I'm buying a K&N SRI for it and later on a few other performanse mods ,but I have a passion for looks I guess. I want to get some new rims, bodykit, and hood without looking like a ricer. Suggestions for all would be great, or is that a little overboard? Just want to make it look a little sleeker ya know.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
yeah i really want a lighter hood, just for the weight reduction but damn those are expensive
yeah quality body parts dont come cheap. then you have to paint them(unless cf) making them more expensive. prolly why ill wait till last to mess with that stuff, unless i come across a screaming deal.

·
Registered
446 Posts
RK Sports makes a pretty sweet lip kit too. You could look into that and the hood they make too.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
definitely go with black rims. cobalts look good with them and a drop. thats what i always say. then you could go lip kit or ss lip kit. hoods are not that impportant but if ya got the money then go oem cf.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You would be suprised by how much a difference a simple lip kit could make

·
Registered
328 Posts
a lip kit is basically a small body kit lol... its like a lower valence type thing and side skirts... if you compare an SS with a stock cobalt youll see the SS has "lips" on the bumpers and "rocker covers" or side skirts on the sides... its hard to do a bunch of things to these types of cars... one way or another something will look ricy whether its a bumper or a wing or rims etc.. its just a matter of what YOU want it to look like... or what YOU like.... sure bodykits, lip kits etc.. thats all cool just pick a style your goin for and run ... whether it be a sporty ricer look or a sleek "luxury" look or an agressive look whatever it is you should figure it out before you start buying parts heh there expensive so take your time see what everyone else has or has done see what you like or dont like and throw your ideas in and see what happens... good luck!

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
a lip kit is basically a small body kit lol... its like a lower valence type thing and side skirts... if you compare an SS with a stock cobalt youll see the SS has "lips" on the bumpers and "rocker covers" or side skirts on the sides... its hard to do a bunch of things to these types of cars... one way or another something will look ricy whether its a bumper or a wing or rims etc.. its just a matter of what YOU want it to look like... or what YOU like.... sure bodykits, lip kits etc.. thats all cool just pick a style your goin for and run ... whether it be a sporty ricer look or a sleek "luxury" look or an agressive look whatever it is you should figure it out before you start buying parts heh there expensive so take your time see what everyone else has or has done see what you like or dont like and throw your ideas in and see what happens... good luck!
sorry but i'm still lost

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Stock SS is the best kit for the balt over any after market kit I personally feel. The only after market I like is the Grip kit above^^^ but it only looks good on a really low car. I have to 2.4 front on my car, just hunt around and you may find a good price for parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.