Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the decals/lettering came off reall easy.......but what about the side trim that is attached to the door of an LS sedan....i chked the manual...no help

how then do i remove the strip that is attached to the doors?

see pic..............................

·
Banned
384 Posts
get a hair dryer and blow it on it for a few mins to heat up the adhesive and then get fishing wire and work it off. apply some goo gone and your set.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
very easy to get off. let your car bake in the sun for a bit. dont even needthe hair dryer. if its hot enough out, 10 mins in the sun will do it, get a piece of fishing line, slip it under the piece of moldng and wiggle it up and down across the whole side. it will come off very easy but will leav adhesivie behind. that should be a bit harder to come off. but you can roll it off with ur finger if its hot enough, or get some goof off, bug and tar remover, wd40, etc.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I used goo gone... a lot lol let it sit for 20 min, and a card like a credit card with a sawing motion, used more goo gone along the way. Then a nice polishing.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yep the credit card + lube trick worked for me. just take your time! don't rush!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea...all it is double sided tape...take the hair dryer to it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
my FOX chevy(whatever the dealership puts on) thing on the rear of my car is peeling off my car and has been for like a year now but i've just been pressing it down like every day ahah but i'm annoyed now, would i just peel if all off then put i guess goo gone? on it and then wash the spot? i'm just scared its going to mess up the paint or something

·
Registered
101 Posts
i did mine this weekend it looks sick i'll post pics as soon as i can it took me about 2 hrs i took to much time i think i just used soap and water and a tint squiggy came right off then used turtle wax clay bar and finished with turtle wax ice wax looks amazing now

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
my FOX chevy(whatever the dealership puts on) thing on the rear of my car is peeling off my car and has been for like a year now but i've just been pressing it down like every day ahah but i'm annoyed now, would i just peel if all off then put i guess goo gone? on it and then wash the spot? i'm just scared its going to mess up the paint or something
Just take a blow dryer to it or wait for a hot day. it should come right off. THen just take some goo gone or some bug and tar remover to it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You wont mess the paint as long as you're careful. I was scared to take off the side moldings, but I took the time, and polished it after and now it's looking clean.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ahh okay. getting it off isnt the problem.. i could just go rip it off right now aha. i just washed my car today and noticed everything =\ any tips on getting SAP off?! i thought it all just came off but i still have a few hard spots left on my hood... so annoying.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
again goo gone lol spray it on a paper towel and press it on, let it sit then gently rub off. Then use a dry clean cloth or 2 to get the extra off. At least thats what I did.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice!!!!

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
that would look nice and clean when done. Its real easy just take ur time. Remember to post pictures after your done!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.