Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little thread for those of us that love watching and participating in extreme/ action sports. I personally don't participate in much, since I AM located in NYC and there is almost nothing to do here, but here is a little list.

-Used to skateboard (till dad broke middle finger on it, brother broke an arm:laugh: )- I didn't go it long enough to break anything. (Like 2yrs I guess)
-I ski and snowboard, I've gotten great at boarding and have been doing small 5-8ft tall jumps and even did a 180 spin last time I was out.
-I was told of a place not too far away from me that does skydiving, next year I plan on getting some good friends to go with me and doing a group dive.

Always wanted to go rock climbing, and downhill mountain biking. (And I still can't believe I haven't been paintballing yet!!)
If we had a track anywhere here, I would be racing something-- anything from go karts/ dirtbikes/ a motorcycle, I live to race..
I love watching rally and pretty much all the X games/ Dew/ Monster sponsored events.
I watch all types of racing except NASCAR :)

What are you guys into when it comes to these?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a free runner, have been for a while now. Some people don't see it as extreme, but I don't see why. I've never had a rush better then the one from running and jumping off a roof into a landing roll, its pretty amazing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I event! Youtube or google eventing or horse trials. Good stuff :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theycallmegodly- I've always wanted to do that! I never get enough of the vids on youtube of ppl running and jumping off roofs and just plowing through staircases, etc.. Crazy stuff!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm a free runner, have been for a while now. Some people don't see it as extreme, but I don't see why. I've never had a rush better then the one from running and jumping off a roof into a landing roll, its pretty amazing.
I have always been very interested in parkour and free running the best i have really done though is small roof to roof gaps.

What i am really into is snowboarding! I worked up at Brighton this past winter so i was riding pretty much everyday! I went through 3 boards this year! lol I was getting pretty good. hitting a lot of big cliffs up there!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theycallmegodly- I've always wanted to do that! I never get enough of the vids on youtube of ppl running and jumping off roofs and just plowing through staircases, etc.. Crazy stuff!
If you have the time and a place to do it at, If you live in a town with nothing to really jump over or anythng then its gonna be hard to get into, You have to be able to practice, because without practice you'll get nowhere. I advise you to get into it if you have the time. It is one of the best workouts you can get. Just make sure you have the strength and endurance to do it, I'll give you my workout routine if you want it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Haha I guess I currently don't have much a place to do it. I live in the burbs now.. Mind sharing it anyway out of curiosity? Thanks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i've skated since i was 14 and at 17 i was sponsored 'amateur' from a local skate shop... and i played soccer since i was 6 but that's not extreme... except when i play cuz i'm an a hole..

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^ Haha I guess I currently don't have much a place to do it. I live in the burbs now.. Mind sharing it anyway out of curiosity? Thanks.
No sir I do not, and the burbs are perfect for freerunning just be ready to have the cops show up :S

Well I do two workouts a day.

First:

I wake up and go run 2 miles (Don't start out over what your cabable of, start off around a half a mile, unless your in good shape already)

During or after running. Try and do 3 sets of 30 military pushups (Hands lined up with shoulders, stay flat) Stop and rest if you have to just try and get 90-100 within a short amount of time. When I first started I would run a half a mile stop on the street do 30, run a half do 30, and run another half and do 30 more. Worked very well, truly built that freerunning strength.

Do 4 sets of 20 pull ups. But do 1 set of reverse grip, 1 set of Wide Front Grip, 1 set of reverse close grip, and 1 set of standard. (Thats just to get use to different ways to pull yourself up over obstacles.

Jump rope for around 5 minutes, try to do it without stopping, but if you have to stop don't worry, just work for the ability not to have to.

Then I do the Kenpo video from the P90x program, I can send it to you if you want. Its a workout specially designed to make you jump higher and run faster and believe me you WILL see a difference in no time.

After that video is over do NOT sit down, that only hurts you. Grab a bottle of water and jog in place or something until your cooled down.

Then in the evening I start my second workout.

1 mile run

6 sets of 20 diamondback pushups along with one set of 10 diverbomb pushups.

100 jumping jacks

Then do the Ab Ripper X PLUS video from P90x (I can send you that file also if you want it)

Jump rope for 3-5 minutes, sometimes in the evening your more tired then other days.

Then end it with a set of 30-40 Front grip wide fly pullups.

and of course do a cool down, don't just stop.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow thats amazing, congrats if you stick to it on a daily basis.

I can do all of that, cept with running I usually don't make it to 2 miles on a constant high speed jogging pace. I like the sound of that half mile stop and push up- then repeat. And I can't do over 12 chin ups in one run, pull ups I'm even worse at haha.

Pushups are fine, I'm gonna go see if I can save you some trouble and check if I can get those P90X clips from youtube to save you the trouble, and look up what dive bomb push ups are cause I haven't heard of them. Thanks for sharing and I'll definitely try this out soon enough.

Tom.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow thats amazing, congrats if you stick to it on a daily basis.

I can do all of that, cept with running I usually don't make it to 2 miles on a constant high speed jogging pace. I like the sound of that half mile stop and push up- then repeat. And I can't do over 12 chin ups in one run, pull ups I'm even worse at haha.

Pushups are fine, I'm gonna go see if I can save you some trouble and check if I can get those P90X clips from youtube to save you the trouble, and look up what dive bomb push ups are cause I haven't heard of them. Thanks for sharing and I'll definitely try this out soon enough.

Tom.
Oh I forgot to mention its only a four day a week workout. Other three days a week are rest days, if you don't let your body rest then it won't build muscle or anything witch sucks haha

and there over an hour long I doubt you'll find them on Youtube, but you can try. and diverbomb pushups are where you set up your arms and feet widely and just kinda dive back and forth/up and down through your arms.

and if you can't make it to 2 miles now at a constant run, just keep running you'll get to that point soon enough it took me around 4 months to get to the point where I could run a full mile at 10 MPH without stopping. Everybody takes more/less time though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i race bmx and also ride bmx freestyle and am sponsored for both race and freestyle
downhill mountainbike
snowboarding

·
Registered
277 Posts
i played football, idk if thats extreme tho lol

i also used to wrestle and eventually went into MMA/boxing. Used to ski and snowboard and was pretty good at both but havent been able to go for a few yrs :(

I am looking forward to skydiving and basejumping. I think those 2 things look like sooo much fun.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i used to do boxing, 15 KO's, 10 decisions adn 2 losses. i also used to race motocross. unfortunately college and the girlfriend prevent me from continuing both. although i still do occasional fights

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Woo hoo... Waterskiin is my passion!!!!

Heres ome pics of my boat! Its a 98 Ski Nautique pro ski boat. My stepdad left it to me in his will!!! Bastard. He was a real peice of.... But he did leave me his boat :)

It's a 351W with GT40 heads and multiport injection kickin out 310hp.

The wake she produces...

I like to take it out like 2 times a month but here lately things have been hectic and it likes to drink alot so she has been confined to the boat storage.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The funny part is the first pic I dropped her in the water and my wife was suppose to hold the rope while I parked the truck and somehow she let it go and it ended up floating out a lil ways. Needless to say I had to swim to save her! I had to play boat lifegaurd :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.